The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Why I am Impressed with the Sony A7R

k-hawinkler

Lou,

Thanks. I agree this is very encouraging.
Hopefully this first impression gets confirmed soon through careful testing.

hot

I think there are a lot of good lenses fitting A7/A7r. Not only one/two/three.
Especially ALL lenses from 24x36 film cameras.

Some people believe they invented "The Wheel"

V

Vivek

I think there are a lot of good lenses fitting A7/A7r. Not only one/two/three.
Especially ALL lenses from 24x36 film cameras.

Some people believe they invented "The Wheel"
There goes all my dreams! :(

Here I am, sitting on a few tens of thusands of € lenses to make use of them on a FF body. Not going to be unque anymore. :(

camping

New all wheel drive lenses are R (for radial) lenses -- at last they will all (I hope) be useful again!!!

Paul

V

Vivek

Paul, They have all been (being) used on Canon and Nikon bodies.

You should take a look at the Nikon section for a thread on R lenses on D800 with some surprising results. :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
We have no morals we will use any lens name brand on our Nikons and Canon. Where shameless. Lol

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Yes - glass is ALL that matters. Cameras come and go and ultimately seem to just get better. The glass however is the universal standard and the best simply endures, whoever it comes from (although Leica, Zeiss, Schneider and Rodenstock have definitely continued to corner this market)

algrove

Might as well wait at this time. Heck maybe the 24-70 FE lens might be good even though I know past lens quality has not been up there, but you will have AF, Eye AF etc.

Last edited:

algrove

:worthless:

We need some examples from early adopters in Europe and/or Asia in less than two weeks.

V

Vivek

:worthless:

We need some examples from early adopters in Europe and/or Asia in less than two weeks.
Send me one of your WATE and I will be happy to oblige. :)

(failing which, it is all going to be super cheap Minolta and other similarly priced lenses!:lecture:)

J

JohnW

....(failing which, it is all going to be super cheap Minolta and other similarly priced lenses!:lecture:)
Same here. I'm giving my MD and Maxxum lenses a try before I spend any more. And I've got a C/Y 50 that I'm looking forward to trying. So many choices.

John

algrove

Send me one of your WATE and I will be happy to oblige. :)

(failing which, it is all going to be super cheap Minolta and other similarly priced lenses!:lecture:)
No problem except for the delivery in NL is going to be two or three weeks before we see them. Plus I have no idea if I will see one in the first batch.

V

Vivek

I might pick up a WATE if a cheaper solution isn't found. I am hpoing that I can do without the WATE though. Yesterday, I was looking at the pdf (Leica tech details). That mustache distortion everywhere is nothing to be happy about ( I love to shoot brick walls. They are everywhere. I can not avoid them. :D ). While I understand the size attraction, I can't understand the price nor the craze behind this lens. :confused:

k-hawinkler

I might pick up a WATE if a cheaper solution isn't found. I am hpoing that I can do without the WATE though. Yesterday, I was looking at the pdf (Leica tech details). That mustache distortion everywhere is nothing to be happy about ( I love to shoot brick walls. They are everywhere. I can not avoid them. :D ). While I understand the size attraction, I can't understand the price nor the craze behind this lens. :confused:
CS6 corrects the geometric distortion though! :D