The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Call for RAWS. A7r

Knorp

Foto Konijnenberg? :)

I recognize the guy (on the right) in #7 (Well, JAO is in many of the frames). He has sold all his Nikon gear for the A7R.
No Vivek, as a true "Mokumer" I was attending this "Pizza workshop" at NIVO Schweitzer's (Amsterdam, Haarlemmerdijk 114).

Best regards.

V

Vivek

Hi Bart, I guessed wrong then. JAO (the guy in your shots)'s shop is (or was when he was a Nikon guy) Konijnenberg. :)

BTW, I found out with all the shops that claimed a delivery this week, the actual delivery is on the 19th or the 20th just as sony.nl say.

k-hawinkler

Hi there Karl-Heinz,

the A7R works splendidly with my R-glass, no doubt here, which is just as well as I'd already ordered the A7R a while back ... :D
Admittedly, the UI can be awkward at times, but I'm sure I'll cope and get used to it in the end.
Focusing aids as "Zebra" and "Peaking" are really helpful with manual lenses.
All in all I'm really looking forward to collect my copy.
As a matter of fact I've already got a spare battery and a Novoflex NEX/LER adapter ... :toocool:
Next purchase will be the battery grip and the battery charger.

All the very best.

Thanks again Bart. That sounds terrific. I certainly trust your judgment!
Yup, I ordered the grip with the camera as well.
I understand the batteries for NEX-5N and NEX-7 will work in the A7R as well.
If that's true then I already have two chargers and six batteries.
My Novoflex NEX/LER adapter fits those NEXs very well.
Let the fun begin as soon as the A7Rs show up.

As I also got the Leica Vario-Elmarit-R 2.8-4.5/28-90 Asph. let me ask which images did you take with that lens? Thanks.

Ron Pfister

Thanks for sharing these samples, Bart. Either my D800E is faulty, or we have a real winner on our hands with the A7R... :D

Edit: sharpen DSC01640.ARW appropriately (60, 0.6, 70 or thereabouts) and you'll see what I mean...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
:wtf:You guys got the 28-90. Thats just not fair. LOL

Awesome lens. I was one of the lucky few that had the famous and rare Leica R 35-70 2.8 lens. That was a sweet lens.

I think about it I would have still had everything in Leica R if they just came out with the S in that R mount. Pisses me off thinking about it now. You have no idea the money i would have saved. I mean 10's of thousands. Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knorp

Thanks again Bart. That sounds terrific. I certainly trust your judgment!
Yup, I ordered the grip with the camera as well.
I understand the batteries for NEX-5N and NEX-7 will work in the A7R as well.
If that's true then I already have two chargers and six batteries.
My Novoflex NEX/LER adapter fits those NEXs very well.
Let the fun begin as soon as the A7Rs show up.

As I also got the Leica Vario-Elmarit-R 2.8-4.5/28-90 Asph. let me ask which images did you take with that lens? Thanks.
If my memory serves me well and looking at the files the first six are shot with the 60 (first run) and the remaining shots are from the 28-90 (second run).

Kind regards.

V

Vivek

Thanks for the samples, Bart. :)

I downloaded #7 (shot at 1/60s, ISO2000) and looked at it. Not sure if it CA or color moire. There seems to be a lot of it (perfect subjects!)! :confused:

k-hawinkler

Hi Bart,

I looked with CS6 and Nik at DSC01646.ARW, that was shot with ISO1600.
Also looked at DSC01617.ARW, that was shot with ISO 6400.
Both clean up very nicely. Great stuff. :)
Many thanks.

Knorp

Thanks for the samples, Bart. :)

I downloaded #7 (shot at 1/60s, ISO2000) and looked at it. Not sure if it CA or color moire. There seems to be a lot of it (perfect subjects!)! :confused:
The files are there for all to be closely scrutinized, Vivek :)
Like to hear your findings and opinion.
Tell you what, I had no time yet to inspect the files myself.

Kind regards.

Michiel Schierbeek

No Vivek, as a true "Mokumer" I was attending this "Pizza workshop" at NIVO Schweitzer's (Amsterdam, Haarlemmerdijk 114).

Best regards.
Hi Bart,

Got an e=mail from them and allmost went there, but no time.
Pitty you couldn't buy one on the spot :D
Doesn't look very crowded!

fotoism

... C1 which does support it....
The link to the Chinese site points to a folder for download: just click on the button at the upper right corner with "...(603.52M)". The folder contains a set each of JPEG and RAW files from Canon 6D (CR2) and Sony A7 (ARW).

C1 Pro 7.1.5 64 bit in Windows 7 opened the CR2 and ARW files without problem. Metadata on the files shows both camera and lens info correctly.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks for asking permission to post other members images. You make a copyright freak happy. LOL

I always like to ONLY post Images here on GetDPI when I get permission from others myself.