The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Call for RAWS. A7r

k-hawinkler

So, here we go. I took Bart's image DSC01646.ARW and processed it in ACR 8.3.0.122 as follows:

This is the in size reduced image:

Full resolution image is here: Bart's Images - winklers' Photos 4th image: http://winklers.smugmug.com/KHW/Oth...S6Tcjs2/0/O/DSC01646_7360x4912_no_Nik_KHW.jpg

Then I went into CS6 and used Nik Dfine 2 and RAW Presharpener with default values.
In Output Sharpener I set Output Sharpening Strength to 20%.
I also used one of the default Curves in CS6.

And this is the resulting in size reduced image:

Full resolution image is here: Bart's Images - winklers' Photos 6th image: http://winklers.smugmug.com/KHW/Oth...-JBCKM83/0/O/DSC01646_7360x4912_w_Nik_KHW.jpg

Please note, these full resolution images are very large in size.
Also, very high resolution images from D800/E, A7R, and especially the NEX-7 have their own peculiarities with regards to noise.
The FF 36 MP D800/E and A7R would need to have slightly over 57 MP to match the resolution of the APS-C size 24 MP NEX-7 sensor.

Knorp

FYI just noticed my RAWs do show up in C1 7.1.4 (OSX) ... :)

Edit: there's one catch though: C1 assigns a NEX-7 profile.

Last edited:

algrove

K-H
I can tell you are an experienced 800E & NEX PPer and it shows right here. As with all digital cameras there will be a new workflow to get the most out of images, but the work will be well worth it from what I can see.

k-hawinkler

K-H
I can tell you are an experienced 800E & NEX PPer and it shows right here. As with all digital cameras there will be a new workflow to get the most out of images, but the work will be well worth it from what I can see.
Lou, Thank you.