The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7 and A7R Shipping from Amazon Japan, $300+ less than US retail

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Have to agree. Brick walls give us corner data that we need to see. Doing LCC is the best way to clear corner issues up. There not hard to do and you can build a little library of them in C1

MILESF

I saw an A7 in a camera store in Florence Italy this morning. The dealer said it had arrived today. My wife was with me so I denied any interest in buying yet another camera. Seriously, I don't think this is one for me anyway.

Net, net they seem to be arriving in Europe at least. No word on the A7R.

neil

The Leica WATE seems to work really well.

At 16,18 and 21 mm there is NO color smearing in the corners.

Corners are sharp by f8. They are good at f5.6. A little soft at f4.
Amazing result considering its a 36 meg sensor.

Any cast or vigneting can be corrected by software.
Hope capture one supports this camera soon for LCC.

Link below to my test shots. Focal length and f number can be obtained from file name at top of page

a7r-LeicaWATE

Neil

Congratulations! I am looking forward to your images. :)
Which lenses will you try out first?
Thanks.
I will try first the 35/2.8 I bought together with the camera, and immediately thereafter the WATE.
Other in Leica M mount and Nikon mount will follow.
I will let you know

Auni

The Leica WATE seems to work really well.

At 16,18 and 21 mm there is NO color smearing in the corners.

Corners are sharp by f8. They are good at f5.6. A little soft at f4.
Amazing result considering its a 36 meg sensor.

Any cast or vigneting can be corrected by software.
Hope capture one supports this camera soon for LCC.

Link below to my test shots. Focal length and f number can be obtained from file name at top of page

a7r-LeicaWATE

Neil
Excellent work. I shoot the WATE quite a bit and am pleased to see how perfectly it works on the A7R. Thanks for those great shots. I just wish the 28/2 Cron looked that good. So far the posted images I've seen from that lens are just Blah!

No A7R yet - Sleepless in Seattle as well. :shocked: