Site Sponsors

Thread: Rhinocam appears to work with A7

Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Rhinocam appears to work with A7

At a glance, in horizontal mode it seems to work, not so in vertical for now, which could be a doodle to change.

photo 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The possibility to use MF lenses on the A7R is very intruiguing to me. If Fotodiox is willing to make a few changes this could turn into a 6x7.

Hell, they just have to make this work!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Rhinocam appears to work with A7

This basically questions the claims of the medium format digital manufacturers that a nano precision is required for all the mechanical bits involved. Also, this IS the real tech cam, being able to see everything in live view. Some big changes are ahead.

I consider this as the biggest advantage of the E mount cams and not the use of Leica lenses which may/ (or most often) may not work.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Vivek,

the moment I heard about this, thanks to Dierk's report, it was my very first reaction, that this sensor with MF such as the pristine Distagon 4/40 is my personal dream come true.

From an engineering perspective, the changes required to make the A7R work fully on the RC appear to be a no brainer, however, I have an email from Bryan, November 12th, saying that as of now, they had no plans for the A7R, but I imagine this could change, I certainly would hope so.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like all that would be needed are different registration stops and a bit more space between the ground glass housing and the camera mount, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bryan / Fotodiox does not have an A7 available yet, but he keeps me in the loop. I am reasonably hopeful they will make this happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh this would be wonderful and a reason for me to get the Cam and the A7r.
    Please keep us up to date if it's going to work out!
    Jonas

Post Thanks / Like

Time lapses are the problem with stitched landscape photos. I imagine the A7r should be better because it uses less movements to fill the 645 frame. Less lapses means less movements in the clouds for an example.
    I they don't make one for the A7r, someone else will.
    Eduardo

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Baumann View Post
    Hi Vivek,

the moment I heard about this, thanks to Dierk's report, it was my very first reaction, that this sensor with MF such as the pristine Distagon 4/40 is my personal dream come true.

From an engineering perspective, the changes required to make the A7R work fully on the RC appear to be a no brainer, however, I have an email from Bryan, November 12th, saying that as of now, they had no plans for the A7R, but I imagine this could change, I certainly would hope so.