Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pimp your A7/r

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pimp your A7/r

I got the $24 Sony RMT-DSLR2 Remote, it has separate shutter and 2 second shutter buttons, and you can use bulb mode by clicking once to trip the shutter twice to close it.

I also ordered the RRS L-bracket and a Metabones specific L-Bracket + extender from Hejnar Photo

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=pozzello;560958]I got the $24 Sony RMT-DSLR2 Remote, it has separate shutter and 2 second shutter buttons, and you can use bulb mode by clicking once to trip the shutter twice to close it.

I also ordered a RMT-DSLR2 remote and was wondering if there is difficulty in using it in sunlight? Also has anyone tried the NFC control of the A7/r? The wifi function works great but of course won't work in the field.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vulture View Post

I also ordered a RMT-DSLR2 remote and was wondering if there is difficulty in using it in sunlight? Also has anyone tried the NFC control of the A7/r? The wifi function works great but of course won't work in the field.
    Mmm, I don't think you actually need a Wifi network (AP): your camera and smart device will contact directly to each other. But I have to try this w/o AP yet.

Kind regards.
    Bart ...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Flood View Post
    I have a rubber button on C1. I fashioned a tiny ball out of Sugru. I put it on C1 and pressed it into shape, making sure that it did not go down into the recess around the button. I let it dry for several hours without touching it.
    The Sugru on the magnify button of my A99 has been there for over a year. When I sold my Nex7, I removed the Sugru from that one without a trace of damage.
    Thanks Cindy, while I'd read your recommendation already in another post, I'd like the lazy solution for dummies ...

Kind reagrds.
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like

LOL
    I love the gem-a-licious rule of thirds.
    Great review. That A7 is really calling me

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Ben, based on your title:

Watch at 15.24: Sony A7 vs. A7R Hands-on Review - YouTube
    Sony A7 vs. A7R Hands-on Review - YouTube

Seriously, look up the posts by "hot" here. The NEX batteries are the ones used by the A7/7R and these batteries (knock offs)/shipped cost less than driving your car to shop to pick up groceries.

Charger- ditto (search ebay).

Remote: ditto (<$3).

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have the ebay version of the sony IR remote. $4 if I remember right. Works fine.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    For some reason I haven't noticed any lag issue when shooting people Ben ... but I will pay closer attention as I press this camera into event work the next few days.

I wonder if it is the way I tend to shoot ... I use the rear button to AF and then shoot. It seems instant ... but I may be way off base here ... so we'll see. Gotta run.

- Marc
    Not sure Marc. I'm shooting with manual lenses and a shutter half pressed.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Thanks Cindy, while I'd read your recommendation already in another post, I'd like the lazy solution for dummies ...

Kind reagrds.
    LOL, Before I tried Sugru, I tried some stick-on buttons. They just don't stay in place over the long run. Also, I think you might get goo down into the crevice around the button. I don't think that is a good idea.

You can order Sugru online, and all you need to do is roll it into a tiny ball and press it on. Once it dries, it will serve you well.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Flood View Post
    LOL, Before I tried Sugru, I tried some stick-on buttons. They just don't stay in place over the long run. Also, I think you might get goo down into the crevice around the button. I don't think that is a good idea.

You can order Sugru online, and all you need to do is roll it into a tiny ball and press it on. Once it dries, it will serve you well.
    Thanks for the Sugru tip Cindy. Works nicely.
    Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post