The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pimp your A7/r

Ben Rubinstein

The screen protector (PCK-LM16) is an useful addition and stays pretty clean from greasy fingers and nose grease ... :eek:

Kind regards.
Ordered! Annoying that the prices it's selling for in the UK are universally more than the RRP on the sony site. Oh well, only £2 more.

Knorp

Ordered! Annoying that the prices it's selling for in the UK are universally more than the RRP on the sony site. Oh well, only £2 more.
Sorry about that, Ben.
Sony online and dealer prices here in Holland seem to be in sync.

Kind regards.

Ben Rubinstein

What I want now is the Metabones Canon-E mount III adaptor. Problem is that we get killed on import on this here in the EU. I have a friend flying from the states on the 11th who could bring one out for me but I've no idea how long it takes to ship from Metabones to the states and if it would get there in time. They seem to be ignoring my emails asking for shipping times. I don't suppose there is anywhere I can get one in the EU at close to the price our American cousins are able to get it for? I'll pay the new price ($399) for a used one in good condition if there is anyone in Europe who doesn't need theirs any more and can ship it out this week to the UK...

V

Vivek

What I want now is the Metabones Canon-E mount III adaptor. Problem is that we get killed on import on this here in the EU. I have a friend flying from the states on the 11th who could bring one out for me but I've no idea how long it takes to ship from Metabones to the states and if it would get there in time. They seem to be ignoring my emails asking for shipping times. I don't suppose there is anywhere I can get one in the EU at close to the price our American cousins are able to get it for? I'll pay the new price ($399) for a used one in good condition if there is anyone in Europe who doesn't need theirs any more and can ship it out this week to the UK...
Search within the UK. There may be local dealers for them or place an advert in the BS section.

For example, here in the NL: Foto Booms | Metabones | Objectieven & acc.

You adapter is out of stock, unfortunately.

Knorp

Yippee, got my battery grip !
First impression: ergonomically not so great: I like the E-M1's better.

Kind regards.

V

Vivek

Interestingly, the battery grip and the LCD protector were not available when I tried to order from Sony.nl. This turned out to be a good thing as they are available from some stores for less.

Ron Pfister

The A7R uses the Multi-Terminal connector for its wired remote shutter release RM-VPR1. I would like to attach my existing wired remotes via a standard 2.5mm jack. I have found an exorbitantly expensive adapter cable (USD 89.--) that would do the job, but am thinking there must be another way. Has anyone here researched alternatives, suppliers of Multi-Terminal plugs, connector pin-outs, protocol documentation, etc.? Thanks in advance for any feedback on this!

V

Vivek

Paid € 209 for the grip, but € 15 for the cover ...
Bart, Please send me a link. I can return mine (it is due to arrive today) if the other one is in stock. Thanks! :)

Edit: Your shop foto nivo does not sell for that price to anyone else. You must be getting some special deal.

Knorp

Bart, Please send me a link. I can return mine (it is due to arrive today) if the other one is in stock. Thanks! :)

Edit: Your shop foto nivo does not sell for that price to anyone else. You must be getting some special deal.
PM sent

Vulture

There was some talk of a remote for the A7/r, I assume this would also apply to the A7 but I didn't hear a resolution to the remote except for the smartphone. Do you not need a wifi connection to run the camera remotely? I can operate the camera with my Nook tablet but only through a wifi connection. Does it also mean you must either use an IR remote or get a hot shoe multifunction accessory otherwise?

jfzander

I ordered it on the Metabones website and had it 2 weeks later. Nobody killed me, I am still alive. Why should they? I paid by Paypal. Total cost was €330/$434. And that is the price for everybody.

Ben Rubinstein

I got some rubber buttons to act as 'soft releases'. This ebay item. They fit exactly and perfectly on both the shutter release and the big button on the back. The 'stick' seems very 'sticky' not the usual cheap double sided tape but I'll have to update after use. They certainly don't shift or feel like they are moving about. The fit really is utterly perfect.

On the shutter release it is a very big help. Only about 2mm but I can 'find' it so much easier. It also gives a far more positive travel when pressing. It's just a feeling but I think it's cutting about a third of the 'lag' I was feeling by cutting down the human element significantly. On the rear button it is a big help. First of all I can find it much more easily with the camera to my face and as I have zoom mapped to it that is a very big difference. It also means that I'm touching and turning the wheel far less by accident.

Overall a very cheap and very useful addition. The lag however is still a real problem. I do hope they can do something with firmware. Can't be bothered trading down to an A7.