Site Sponsors

Thread: Well I went and did it...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I went and did it...

I bought an A7 to go along with the A7r I already have on preorder since B&H has them in stock sans zoom lens now. I did it for many reasons but above all is image quality of the A7/r and the fact that what I'm seeing is good enough to potentially become my primary system except when I decide to use the Leica. The second reason is that I need to send my M9 in for a potential cracked sensor (finally it hit me.) the third is that I'm more comfortable with a Sony being stolen over a Leica (though I don't which any situation would ever occur with a thief.)

I will primarily use these as backups/ travel cameras since I travel quite a bit and eventually I will pick up the Zeiss and Sony G zooms more than likely. For now it'll be my M mount lenses exclusively.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Well I went and did it...

Congrats, Tre!

I plan to add an A7 or an A7R as i would like to have an UV/IR setup and perhaps a monochrome camera as well (the D800 has been successfully made monochrome! ). The NEX E mount is an universal mount and takes anything, even some Leica lenses!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well I went and did it...

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Congrats, Tre!

I plan to add an A7 or an A7R as i would like to have an UV/IR setup and perhaps a monochrome camera as well (the D800 has been successfully made monochrome! ). The NEX E mount is an universal mount and takes anything, even some Leica lenses!
    Thanks Vivek. Yeah the A7/r would probably be able to take even more Leica lenses as a monochrome.

I think the A7 combined with an A7r makes a great combination together. There are those times when you don't "NEED" 36MP but then there are those times where you'd like 36MP or more.

As for my other Sony camera I will sell the A77, 16-50/2.8, and 70-200/2.8 ASAP (plus accessories.) I've been meaning to for awhile now but hadn't gotten around to it.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com