Site Sponsors

Thread: A7r and skintones

Shelby Lewis

A7r and skintones

Hey All,

I'm thinking of picking up an A7R in a few months... any word on how accurate (or pleasant) the skintones can be? Those of you that know me from my past forays into MF, Nikon, Sony, and Canon know that I shoot headshots and such quite a bit. The sony a900 was about the only 35mm camera I ever really felt satisfied with in terms of natural color rendering.

I've been waiting to get back into medium format, but the A7R has piqued my interest, especially seeing that it might serve doubly well as an architectural camera (I'm a musician by trade, but have a degree in Architecture as well).

I'd be interested in comments from folks that have used the camera on skin.

Thanks!
    Shelby

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: A7r and skintones

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Lewis View Post
    Hey All,

I'm thinking of picking up an A7R in a few months... any word on how accurate (or pleasant) the skintones can be? Those of you that know me from my past forays into MF, Nikon, Sony, and Canon know that I shoot headshots and such quite a bit. The sony a900 was about the only 35mm camera I ever really felt satisfied with in terms of natural color rendering.

I've been waiting to get back into medium format, but the A7R has piqued my interest, especially seeing that it might serve doubly well as an architectural camera (I'm a musician by trade, but have a degree in Architecture as well).

I'd be interested in comments from folks that have used the camera on skin.

Thanks!
    Shelby
    Concerning architecture photography and the A7r, read that blogpost of Nic Granleese

It seems that Canon TSE lenses work well (he tested the 17mm and the 24mm II)

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: A7r and skintones

Using the imaging resource raws my personal opinion is that the A7r is noticeably superior to either the 5D3 or D800 for facial tones, colour and separation. One of the reasons I bought it in fact.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz