The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7r and skintones

S

Shelby Lewis

Hey All,

I'm thinking of picking up an A7R in a few months... any word on how accurate (or pleasant) the skintones can be? Those of you that know me from my past forays into MF, Nikon, Sony, and Canon know that I shoot headshots and such quite a bit. The sony a900 was about the only 35mm camera I ever really felt satisfied with in terms of natural color rendering.

I've been waiting to get back into medium format, but the A7R has piqued my interest, especially seeing that it might serve doubly well as an architectural camera (I'm a musician by trade, but have a degree in Architecture as well).

I'd be interested in comments from folks that have used the camera on skin.

Thanks!
Shelby

Annna T

Hey All,

I'm thinking of picking up an A7R in a few months... any word on how accurate (or pleasant) the skintones can be? Those of you that know me from my past forays into MF, Nikon, Sony, and Canon know that I shoot headshots and such quite a bit. The sony a900 was about the only 35mm camera I ever really felt satisfied with in terms of natural color rendering.

I've been waiting to get back into medium format, but the A7R has piqued my interest, especially seeing that it might serve doubly well as an architectural camera (I'm a musician by trade, but have a degree in Architecture as well).

I'd be interested in comments from folks that have used the camera on skin.

Thanks!
Shelby
Concerning architecture photography and the A7r, read that blogpost of Nic Granleese

It seems that Canon TSE lenses work well (he tested the 17mm and the 24mm II)

Ben Rubinstein

Using the imaging resource raws my personal opinion is that the A7r is noticeably superior to either the 5D3 or D800 for facial tones, colour and separation. One of the reasons I bought it in fact.