The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

sony A7R + 24tse

daf

Hi,
Sure there is many people who had try it ... so please:
Could anyone share a raw or Jpeg full size with no sharpness apply.
ideal would be :
- one with medium shift, say 7mm (would be nice to have something to check in the upper corner...)
- one with only few degree of tilt (1°@5,6 for landscape)

Thanks a lot !

cjl

I ran an initial test with the a7r and the EF 24 TSE II with a Metabones adapter today. Only examined JPGs, but the results are encouraging. Straight on, the images look at least as sharp as I recall from the 1Ds III and 6D (unfortunately, neither on hand any more for comparison). There is distortion at either end of a full shift series, but no obvious smearing. The very limited amount of tilt I tested also performed well for sharpness. Haven't looked for color shift carefully yet, but didn't notice any on first glance. Chris

jpaulmoore

My A7r arrives on Wednesday and I will be testing it with both the 17 & 24 TS Lenses. Not sure how I am going to process them at the moment as I am still with Lightroom 4 & CS 6. I now have Capture One Pro 7 but I don't think it is currently supported.

Ron Pfister

You can always convert the Sony ARWs to DNG with version 8.3 RC of Adobe's DNG Converter, and then work away in your favorite image processing application.

jpaulmoore

Mike, I don't think I can upgrade with my current operating system. I am using 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) on my mac.
Thanks,
J. Paul

Ron Pfister

Ron, I wasn't aware that I could convert to DNG and process. Thanks!
You're most welcome! BTW, this is Adobe's official solution for anyone using an out-dated version of LR or PS. The latest version of the DNG Converter is always available for free.

Edit: I should add that Adobe will be providing up-to-date versions of ACR for PS CS6 for the foreseeable future, so there's no need for DNGs if you're using ACR/PS CS6. The current release candidates can be downloaded from labs.adobe.com.

mbroomfield

No, Abobe have committed to keep updating CS6 with ACR updates. You will NOT get the new features of CC (eg motion blur reduction).

Give it a try

ShooterSteve

This is very exciting. I'd also love to know how good tethering works with C1Pro. That's very very important to me. I guess I could use Lightroom if I had to, but would rather not.