The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon G to Sony FE/E mount adaptor London?

tashley

Subscriber Member
I guess I've decided to get either a Metabones or Novoflex G to E adaptor but can't find anyone in the UK that has them in stock, other than cheaper options on eBay from Kippon etc.

Does anyone know if there's anywhere in London that might stock something suitable to buy in store preferably?

Thanks in advance!

carstenw

In case you don't find anything in London, but find yourself in Berlin, the Sony Style store at Potsdamer Platz had the Novoflex adapter in stock when I was there last.

carstenw

It is pretty simple, Guy. There is a blue ring, which stops down the aperture. Set it to small ring (stopped down), and you can use the aperture ring on the lens. If there is no aperture ring, the blue ring does the job (with no markings though).

k-hawinkler

It is pretty simple, Guy. There is a blue ring, which stops down the aperture. Set it to small ring (stopped down), and you can use the aperture ring on the lens. If there is no aperture ring, the blue ring does the job (with no markings though).
But that's not a problem.
One can use the camera lightmeter to set the aperture. ;)

jagsiva

And has anyone heard of or used a Mike Tapa MTF adaptor? They are expensive and that might mean they are good...
Tim, i think these are "crop" FoV. Will work on FF, but will only give a crop image.

"Note! Using this adapter will introduce a magnification factor of 1.54x with full 35 mm format lenses, no crop with DX lenses"

carstenw

But that's not a problem.
One can use the camera lightmeter to set the aperture. ;)
Given that the EVF is so good, at this point we might be able to actually look at the scene, and choose aperture based on what it looks like... You can even see CA.