The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bugs with A7/7R

V

Vivek

I thought I was the only one who saw this with my A7R but Chad (Show Performance) also found it with his A7.

Sometimes while trying to review a captured image, the camera says "unable to magnify".

If the camera is turned off and on again, the same image could be examined in camera with magnification and all.

Looks like a FW update is in order.

scho

I don't know yet if this is a bug in A7R firmware, Sony software, or OS X (10.9), but I have been unable to get wireless import working on my MBA. It does work with my NEX6.

scho

According to Sony support Wireless Auto Import app is incompatible with Mac OS 10.9 and A7R. Update is in the works. I like using this feature with the NEX 6 and wireless raw import is fairly quick. May be slower with then larger A7R raws, but we'll see when the revised app is released.

jagsiva

The USB connector defaults to "external storage" mode only even when in auto. For example, if you connect it to use the Sony Remote Control software, it does not pick up the camera. You need to manually set this

scho

The USB connector defaults to "external storage" mode only even when in auto. For example, if you connect it to use the Sony Remote Control software, it does not pick up the camera. You need to manually set this
Did that still does not see the camera when USB is set to MTP. The Sony "Play Memories" software does work OK and can find the camera, but not "Wireless Auto Import" app. Tech support said that they were aware of this OS 10.9 bug and were currently working on a revision to correct this problem. Remote control software has the same issue - cannot find the camera.

Edit: Correction. Remote Control does work if camera USB setting is PC Remote, but Wireless Auto Import still does not work.

Last edited:

Hannu

AWb settings adjustmens can be done accidentally. Wb button on the right side control wheel. If you press twice awb scale is visible and so on. I mean that while you carry camera(thumbs or or without) you can easily press wb button once, twice ... I was wondering why all photos taken outside were srongly purple. Now i know where to if photos look strange but maybe that awb-operation should be secured.

GrahamB

AWb settings adjustmens can be done accidentally. Wb button on the right side control wheel. If you press twice awb scale is visible and so on. I mean that while you carry camera(thumbs or or without) you can easily press wb button once, twice ... I was wondering why all photos taken outside were srongly purple. Now i know where to if photos look strange but maybe that awb-operation should be secured.
You do realize you can change the WB to any button you choose, or leave it as a function (f) key selection?

Graham