The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Most "Conflicted" Camera Ever?

wuffstuff

Many thanks for your explanations. When I tested the A7/A7r in a shop, I found the behavior of the magnifier very annoying, since my eyesight isn't very good and I'm rather slow at MF. I assumed that how long the magnifier stays on would be configurable in the customization menus, but may be not ? May be that I have been spoiled by the Olympus interface ?
The magnifier does stay on for the time you set in the menu. It can be 2 sec, 5 sec, or forever. I have mine set for 5 secs as I have rubbish eyesight and it works perfectly for me.

dchew

I set it to forever, and tap the shutter to make it go away. I'm used to that from my Canon live view days.

Dave