The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Joined the crowd

Don Libby

Decided not to wait for Guy and just ordered a A7R from B&H with free 2-day shipping. Should be here in Jackson Hole 12/24. Also ordered the Metabones Canon adaptor which was in stock so we should have both in a couple days. Merry Christmas to us!

D

Deleted member 7792

Decided not to wait for Guy and just ordered a A7R from B&H with free 2-day shipping. Should be here in Jackson Hole 12/24. Also ordered the Metabones Canon adaptor which was in stock so we should have both in a couple days. Merry Christmas to us!
Congrats, welcome to the crowd, and Merry Christmas to you, Don. :thumbs:

Joe

Don Libby

As near as I can tell it looks like the A7 and NEX7 take the same battery. Am I correct or do I need to order a spare of the A7R? Hope it's the same as between the 2 NEX7s we have (IR and color) we've got 4-batteries.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It likes batteries. I will have 7 , I think I went overboard but I figure in the cold they will drop off faster.

Don Libby

UPDATE:

The 7r along with the metabones adapter arrived here about an hour ago. Single word description is WOW! Powered it up set date and time and figured out how to shoot manually. Put a Canon 17-40 on it and it still small!

We've been shooting an Otter family the past couple days and plan on taking this out in the morning to try out the 135 and 300mm lens, figure the camera will look more like a lens cap.

Way cool!