The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMF setting

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well my 35 FE just showed up first off Im pissed you folks did not tell me how small and cute it is. I have not had a lens this small since my M8. Wow

Anyway I found out what DMF is and that is so cool AF with focus peaking. Im going to leave that on for now.

I also have the A7R completely set up with functions and such. Just in case anyone is interested.

C1 is focus area so I can my area . Great for AF only

C2 is such a hard switch to hit since I am left eyed what I did was make it for the LCD to turn off. I like that feature

C3 I set to Focus mode so I can move focus point

Dial left is drive mode
right is WB
Up is display
changed down to Peaking level
AF/MF center is focus magnifier

I may move it around again but I am really liking the feel

jagsiva

It was worth cracking open the manual to figure out what DMF was! Combined with EVF, it's great. For me, coming together of EVF along with things like peaking, magnify, DMF, stopped down viewing etc. is what makes the A7/R. The compact size is the next thing.

For all the shortcomings being highlighted, it is another tool for a specific set of conditions, nothing more.

BTW, if you picture 2 x 35FE back-to-back without the hood, you have the 55FE. One of my hesitations with using DSLR lenses is that the adapter is the same bloody size as the 35FE!

Happy shooting...

Bob Parsons

I also find the AF-C mode extremely useful. It overcomes the focus error associated with focus and recompose. You place the central focus brackets [ ] over the object you want to keep in focus and half depress the shutter button. The [ ] changes to a double green rectangle surrounding the object. Now keeping the shutter half depressed when you move the camera to recompose focus tracks the object to it's new position. Very smart indeed, the algorithms seem to be able to maintain lock on a variety of subjects with the dimensions of the green rectangles changing as the system searches for a subject match.

Bob.