The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony 7/7R as a landscape camera?

GDI

Hey, if I were to do that will be pay per view! :ROTFL:

You can check it out on your own.

?? I meant any examples of this plumbing gasket adapter fix - is this glued inside the adapter, slipped over the adapter barrel for "safe coupling", or... ? :ROTFL:
( I have plenty of CA examples. )

wuffstuff

A7r and 55/1.8FE, handheld.

Photo of deepest, darkest Devon, looking towards Dartmoor. The original, full size, image is extremely sharp and detailed.

GDI

A7r and 55/1.8FE, handheld.

Photo of deepest, darkest Devon, looking towards Dartmoor. The original, full size, image is extremely sharp and detailed.

Very nice - would you be opposed to posting a link to the full size image?

wuffstuff

Very nice - would you be opposed to posting a link to the full size image?
Thanks for your interest.

This, and other images from yesterday's shoot are on my website Lee Photographic. They are in the gallery marked Stockleigh Pomeroy - all taken with the A7r and 55/1.8FE. There is a mix of landscape and portrait in that gallery. The images do give a good idea of how the camera performs in a difficult shooting situation.

Don Libby

I wanted to wait until we had the 7r for awhile before posting.

Got the body 12/23 and quickly found that Sandy wasn't please using her Canon lenses with it (purely personal preference) and quickly order the 55 1.8.

Seeing as how we've been in the Jackson Hole area for almost a month now shooting landscape and wildlife and the past week using the 7r I feel I can answer the question. While not being able to speak directly for the 7 I can say without a doubt the 7r is one hell of a landscape camera provided you give it the proper lenses it deserves. I've posted images on the 7/7r thread showing both landscape and wildlife.

A little late in joining the discussion hopes it helps.

Don

Forgot to add that the wonderful samples above prove my point on how well suited the camera is.

Last edited: