The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony FE 28-70 'Kit Lens'

jonoslack

So: this might be that I have a poor copy, it might be that the lens is just too humble to stand up to the A7R, or it might be that some of its design compromises are showing and, when learned and understood, can be worked around.
Well done Tim
for what it's worth, I just shot 55 more shots on the A7 (funny that, I'm obviously a 55 shot man), without a single shot out of focus - some were grab shots of running dogs, some long distance etc. etc.

I think that as someone else suggested, it might be the PDAF sites on the A7 which is the issue?

Slingers

I think that as someone else suggested, it might be the PDAF sites on the A7 which is the issue?
Sorry that was me cluttering up the fun with thread as I didn't know this one existed. I think its possible that the lens is designed for PDAF and not CDAF. This would also mean that if the A mount PDAF lens profiles are on the A7 they would work better on the A7 with the LA-EA3 than the A7R.

Then again I would assume that the PDAF wouldn't work in low light and the A7 would revert to CDAF. If I remember right Jono has already captured some low light shots with the A7 and the kit zoom. So maybe I have it all wrong.

ecsh

Just saw a pic from CES where a person was taking a pic of the A7r with the 24-70 attached to it, and the lens was in its extended position. I dont think i will be getting that lens, as it looks to extend 30mm or more.

Last edited:

Sapphie

Does anyone know where there might be sample RAW files (preferably landscapes of some sort) taken with this lens and the A7 to download?

Lee

tashley

Subscriber Member
There's one somewhere in Sony website land of a basket of dried roses. It has soft corners, but looks good otherwise...