Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Members with D800/D800E: Help needed

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Members with D800/D800E: Help needed

    Today I spent some time trying out some of my wide angle Nikon Ai-S lenses on A7R (20, 24, and 35mm). I was rather disappointed with results outside the center area while I remember being satisfied with them on D700 and I started to wonder is it because of A7R or could it be lenses themselves (as I don't have reference point how they would perform on native body with same MP count).

    Is there a member here that also has access to D800 or D800E and some of wide angle native mount lenses that could please provide such pixel peeping reference point?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members with D800/D800E: Help needed

    Try this: Collection: Nikon lens tests

    There are images taken with the 35mm f/1.4G, 35mm f/2.0, 28mm D and AIS and various zoom lenses. Each image is downloadable in native resolution by clicking "all sizes". Basically, the answer is yes, corners are poor.

    Sorry, but I don't have the 20 or 24mm primes.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Members with D800/D800E: Help needed

    Jerome, thank you for your help! What a coincidence and small world, your pictures are what I came across yesterday when I was searching Flickr for some samples Could you please tell me where was the focus point?

  4. #4
    Workshop Member glenerrolrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter FL/Atlanta GA
    Posts
    2,279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members with D800/D800E: Help needed

    Try looking at the LensRental website ..they have excellent tests on all the current alternatives for Nikon mount .

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members with D800/D800E: Help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    Could you please tell me where was the focus point?
    For all images, the focus point is at the centre of the picture.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Beach Haven, NJ
    Posts
    685
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members with D800/D800E: Help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by glenerrolrd View Post
    Try looking at the LensRental website ..they have excellent tests on all the current alternatives for Nikon mount .
    Hi Roger: I refer to your site often to get your take on various lenses. I just went there; where are the tests of alternate lenses on D800/E?
    Thanks
    Dave

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members with D800/D800E: Help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    Today I spent some time trying out some of my wide angle Nikon Ai-S lenses on A7R (20, 24, and 35mm). I was rather disappointed with results outside the center area while I remember being satisfied with them on D700 and I started to wonder is it because of A7R or could it be lenses themselves (as I don't have reference point how they would perform on native body with same MP count).

    Is there a member here that also has access to D800 or D800E and some of wide angle native mount lenses that could please provide such pixel peeping reference point?
    I all my AI lenses...none of them survive my personal likeness of D800 and I have started gradually using newer G lenses. It must be the problem of the lenses themselves

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Members with D800/D800E: Help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by glenerrolrd View Post
    Try looking at the LensRental website ..they have excellent tests on all the current alternatives for Nikon mount .
    I am not sure which one of their articles you have in mind, please.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Members with D800/D800E: Help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by jerome_m View Post
    For all images, the focus point is at the centre of the picture.
    Thank you again!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Members with D800/D800E: Help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark K View Post
    I all my AI lenses...none of them survive my personal likeness of D800 and I have started gradually using newer G lenses. It must be the problem of the lenses themselves
    Thank you!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •