Site Sponsors

Thread: Contax G adapters

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Contax G adapters

I have few years old Metabones Contax G adapter that I was always happy with and that wasn't giving me any grittiness when focusing issues with my 90/2.8. Recently I acquired G35/2 and G45/2 and with them I am getting grittiness when focusing. Does anybody know did Metabones ever resolve this issue and would I get rid of it by getting new adapter?

Does anybody know is there an adapter that is better than Metabones? How is Fotodiox Pro adapter for Contax G is when it comes to fit, uniformity, and focusing?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Contax G adapters

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    I have few years old Metabones Contax G adapter that I was always happy with and that wasn't giving me any grittiness when focusing issues with my 90/2.8. Recently I acquired G35/2 and G45/2 and with them I am getting grittiness when focusing. Does anybody know did Metabones ever resolve this issue and would I get rid of it by getting new adapter?

Does anybody know is there an adapter that is better than Metabones? How is Fotodiox Pro adapter for Contax G is when it comes to fit, uniformity, and focusing?
    I have a fotodiox that does not bind or give gritty focus, but QC is not very good and you could also get a bad one. I finally converted my Contax G lenses to M mount and I no longer have focusing problems.
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Contax G adapters

Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    I have a fotodiox that does not bind or give gritty focus, but QC is not very good and you could also get a bad one. I finally converted my Contax G lenses to M mount and I no longer have focusing problems.
    Thank you for the input on Fotodiox and conversion. Unfortunately conversion is not an option for me.