The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FE35mm 2.8

jagsiva

It is super. Great colour, sharp, small, and pretty good into the corners. It is also light and small. Focus is very quick. Main drawback is speed, would have preferred an f2 or even 1.8. A smaller annoyance for me is the integrated hood/cap implementation that I could have done without.

D

Deleted member 7792

NOT selling mine. Sharp corner to corner. :thumbs:

And I've got a 35mm Summilux-M FLE that might get displaced.

Joe

Its sharp corner to corner and it is small and light but I have 35mm (or equiv.) lenses on other systems and I just find I use them (Fuji 23 or Leica 35 'lux) when I want that focal length rather than the Sony. I'm finding the 55 glued to the A7r and the 35 not used much at all.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Mine sold and I picked up a Zeiss 35mm F2 Nikon mount. I am staying with DSLR Nikon mounts for now until I am totally comfortable. Bottom line I am giving myself a option as I can always rent a Nikon if needed. This is for my A7r and my manual focus kit anyway. Ill get the 24-70 for the A7 PR kit but have to say this dang 28-70 is pretty dang good.

wuffstuff

Mine arrived an hour ago. Been out and about with it and it's sharp at all apertures right to the edges. In fact, it's a very nice bit of kit, easily as good as the 55/1.8 and a lot smaller. I've put a 17Mb jpg image of this photo on Flickr should you wish to view the detail.

[
DSC00721 by leephotographic, on Flickr

Last edited:

wuffstuff

Thanks, beautifully sharp. I'm also amazed that you had a window of such glorious sunshine today !
They say round here:

Living in Devon is like living in heaven.
Except, it rains six days out of seven.

So, we were lucky. The sun is gone now and it's raining again.