The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Separate threads for Fun with A7 & A7r?

retow

Wouldn`t it make sense to have dedicated "Fun with......." threads for each of these two cameras as they are different enough imo to be discussed separately.

iiiNelson

Wouldn`t it make sense to have dedicated "Fun with......." threads for each of these two cameras as they are different enough imo to be discussed separately.
I agree they really aren't that different in the look of the output. The A7r images are a but sharper but I don't think many would be able to tell the difference really at web resolutions. You really can't go wrong with either but for people that want to adapt lenses from other systems I generally think the A7 is a bit friendlier for rangefinder glass.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I assume that the overall thread has many good points that would benefit an owner of either camera. Splitting the thread would be a bit difficult for those who are looking into the commonalities of lens, adapters, post process.

I assume that all of the shutter angst will be resolved with time and we will all be more knowledgeable about the camera with one thread.

Bob

Knorp

:SPAM: Perhaps we can even split the "Fun with A7r" thread into one for "Fun with A7r for those affected by shutter slap" and one for "Fun with A7r for those who can't be bothered"

:dh2: :chug: :cry:

k-hawinkler

:SPAM: Perhaps we can even split the "Fun with A7r" thread into one for "Fun with A7r for those affected by shutter slap" and one for "Fun with A7r for those who can't be bothered"

:dh2: :chug: :cry:

Thanks Bart, very funny.
The latter one would be perfect for Vivek! ;)
Kidding aside.
Actually I miss Vivek's contributions as he has not posted for a week.
Very strange.

Last edited:

retow

Interesting. Isn`t this the same crowd who preferred to have separate threads for the Fuji X-Pro1 and X-E1? Two cameras which share the exact same sensor and have much more in common than the A7r and A7 with their different sensors. I`m confused.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Interesting. Isn`t this the same crowd who preferred to have separate threads for the Fuji X-Pro1 and X-E1? Two cameras which share the exact same sensor and have much more in common than the A7r and A7 with their different sensors. I`m confused.
Doubt that many of the Sony A7(r) owners were into the Fuji...more likely MF and Nikon D800(e) or Sony FF DSLR....

JMHO.

Bob

retow

Doubt that many of the Sony A7(r) owners were into the Fuji...more likely MF and Nikon D800(e) or Sony FF DSLR....

JMHO.

Bob
There are separate threads for EM-1, EM-5, Ep5 although the share the very same sensor and many of the new FF Sony users own(ed) mft as well. The same is true with the Fuji XPro1, Xe1, Xe2. The sensors in the A7(r) and their usability with legacy glass, particular m-lenses and with the A7 kit zoom are quite different. But that is just my opinion.