The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7 A7R Leica M high iso how do they compare

turtle

FWIW, I find it easier to handhold the MM with sharp results than the A7R, but they are not a million miles apart. I'm not sure it is due to the shutter on the MM being 'much worse than the one on the M240' but rather because both the MM and A7R produce exceptionally high levels of resolution.

fotografz

FWIW, I find it easier to handhold the MM with sharp results than the A7R, but they are not a million miles apart. I'm not sure it is due to the shutter on the MM being 'much worse than the one on the M240' but rather because both the MM and A7R produce exceptionally high levels of resolution.
I think I'd agree with that … however, I've been using an M camera for 40 years and the A7R for 2 weeks. It'll take a bit of time to get the small mirror-less camera technique and familiarity down pat.

- Marc

Viramati

I have found that with the leica M it is actually better to kept the iso to 1600 and underexpose then push by a stop in Lr5 than to shoot at 3200iso