The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss 50mm Planar and 100mm Planar

vjbelle

I have both of the Zeiss Planar's and attached them to my A7r with a Novoflex adapter. I was surprised by the poor images that showed a definite out of focus area on the left hand side - very abrupt! I had never seen that before on my 800e so shot the same images with those lenses on my Nikon (same focus point, same f stop) and was really surprise at how much better they looked. I'm attributing this to a faulty adapter. If one is bad then other's also can be...... testing this stuff is really important....

Victor

thomas

I use a Zeiss ZM Planar 2.0/50 also with a Novoflex (LEM-NEX) adapter on an A7R.
It's sharp edge to edge (stopped down, of course). I can't detect any sensor-, adapter- or lens-"tilt".

vjbelle

Different adapter..... I use a Voightlander adapter for my Leica lenses (same as the Novoflex) and works like a charm. The Novoflex for Nikon to E mount that I had was faulty. I may try a Voightlander but am somewhat dismayed by the overall size of the Zeiss lenses on the Sony.

Victor