Site Sponsors

Thread: Zeiss 50mm Planar and 100mm Planar

Post Thanks / Like

Zeiss 50mm Planar and 100mm Planar

I have both of the Zeiss Planar's and attached them to my A7r with a Novoflex adapter. I was surprised by the poor images that showed a definite out of focus area on the left hand side - very abrupt! I had never seen that before on my 800e so shot the same images with those lenses on my Nikon (same focus point, same f stop) and was really surprise at how much better they looked. I'm attributing this to a faulty adapter. If one is bad then other's also can be...... testing this stuff is really important....

Victor
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Zeiss 50mm Planar and 100mm Planar

I use a Zeiss ZM Planar 2.0/50 also with a Novoflex (LEM-NEX) adapter on an A7R.
    It's sharp edge to edge (stopped down, of course). I can't detect any sensor-, adapter- or lens-"tilt".

Post Thanks / Like

Different adapter..... I use a Voightlander adapter for my Leica lenses (same as the Novoflex) and works like a charm. The Novoflex for Nikon to E mount that I had was faulty. I may try a Voightlander but am somewhat dismayed by the overall size of the Zeiss lenses on the Sony.

Victor

Post Thanks / Like

Metabones adapter with both those lenses on an A7r. Razor sharp edge to edge.