The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sensor Dust & Sensor Cleaning Sony A7r

jpaulmoore

Has anyone had any major or minor problems with Sensor Dust or Gunk on their A7r's? What about any particulars about cleaning the sensor when it does get dirty. What sensor cleaning fluids can be used?
Thanks,
J. Paul

jpaulmoore

Michiel, you must be lucky or live in a laboratory clean environment :). I have always had to use blowers, sensor brushes and swabs with cleaning fluid on all of pro Canon bodies.
J. Paul

Michiel Schierbeek

Probably, but Canon was known for that. I had mostly cameras with dust shake mechanisms. Once I bought a swab with fluid for my NEX-7 but finally I never really needed to use it.
Now and then dust is all over the place. :angel:

jonoslack

My theory is that the shutter mechanism is designed to be so loud, so that it shakes the dust off the sensor!

I have seen dust on mine - but nothing to worry about, and it seems to have gone away without intervention . . . mind you, I have no problem about cleaning sensors.