The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Metabones adapters are not very good.

vjbelle

Victor,

I have had one bad Novoflex in the past 8 years...the original Leica M to m43 was unable to focus to infinity...they blew it...introduced a new one within a few months that was fine...I still have it.

At this point I have 5 Novoflex adapters including the Nikon G to E...which I used for recent posts on the fun with Sony A7r/A7 thread....Leitax 180, Nikon 105 F 2 DC and Zeiss ZF.2 50 Makro F2 all stunningly sharp....locked on tripod with mirror up but the adapter was fine.

I would suggest you return/complain and get a new sample.

I would use the N before almost any other adapter...except Leica brand...

Bob
The issue I had was very unusual in that both of my lenses had an abrupt out of focus area on the left side. I had never seen anything like it. Those same Zeiss lenses performed perfectly on my 800e. My point was/is that regardless of manufacturer nothing should be taken for granted and all of this stuff should be thoroughly tested. That said its good to hear the positive endorsements for Novoflex.

Victor

Annna T

Victor,

I have had one bad Novoflex in the past 8 years...the original Leica M to m43 was unable to focus to infinity...they blew it...introduced a new one within a few months that was fine...I still have it.

Bob
I had the same problem with the Novoflex M-> MFT adapter. It was a rather tight fit and i wasn't able to focus to infinity with the 90mm F2 Summicron. I had no problem with the 50mm F1.4. Given the cost of the Novoflex adapter i was quite deceived (250$).