Site Sponsors

Thread: Image Review Magnification level with C2 button on the A7

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Image Review Magnification level with C2 button on the A7

I started another thread about the sharpness or lack thereof of the magnified review image in the A7ís EVF. After looking at another A7 body I now suspect that itís the magnification level (after C2 is pressed) that is too great for the EVF to provide a sharp image. I note that the magnification level when reviewing an image on the Nex 6 does not seem to be anywhere near as great.

Iíve checked the manual, but canít find whether itís possible to reset the magnification level when the C2 button is pressed. I know the image magnification can be reduced by pressing the button Ė but Iíd prefer to avoid having to do this.

Does anyone know if the C2 buttonís review magnification level can be reprogrammed?
    Any help/comments appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Image Review Magnification level with C2 button on the A7

Quote Originally Posted by Shac View Post
    Iíve checked the manual, but canít find whether itís possible to reset the magnification level when the C2 button is pressed. I know the image magnification can be reduced by pressing the button Ė but Iíd prefer to avoid having to do this.

Any help/comments appreciated
    Can't remember if I'm using the default settings or if I changed it, but the dial next to the C2 button works for me.
    "We're human, after all, and everybody's got something a little off somewhere." - Murakami Haruki, The fall of the Roman empire

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Keith - I know the dial you mean but you have to first press C2 don't you, then use the dial to reduce magnification?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sorry for the delayed reply. You're correct. I should have mentioned I don't think there's a way to reprogram image review magnification, and was thinking of the quickest alternative. Could have sworn I setup the dial for fine-grained magnification, but judging from your reply, it seems that's the default.
    "We're human, after all, and everybody's got something a little off somewhere." - Murakami Haruki, The fall of the Roman empire

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I would like a option here.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well Guy we can but hope. What Keith suggested though was useful as I had previously been using the button associated with the AF/MF switch to reduce the magnification - and that was a pain