The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Image Review Magnification level with C2 button on the A7

Shac

I started another thread about the sharpness or lack thereof of the magnified review image in the A7’s EVF. After looking at another A7 body I now suspect that it’s the magnification level (after C2 is pressed) that is too great for the EVF to provide a sharp image. I note that the magnification level when reviewing an image on the Nex 6 does not seem to be anywhere near as great.

I’ve checked the manual, but can’t find whether it’s possible to reset the magnification level when the C2 button is pressed. I know the image magnification can be reduced by pressing the button – but I’d prefer to avoid having to do this.

Does anyone know if the C2 button’s review magnification level can be reprogrammed?
Any help/comments appreciated

kuujinbo

I’ve checked the manual, but can’t find whether it’s possible to reset the magnification level when the C2 button is pressed. I know the image magnification can be reduced by pressing the button – but I’d prefer to avoid having to do this.

Any help/comments appreciated
Can't remember if I'm using the default settings or if I changed it, but the dial next to the C2 button works for me.

Shac

Thanks Keith - I know the dial you mean but you have to first press C2 don't you, then use the dial to reduce magnification?

kuujinbo

Sorry for the delayed reply. You're correct. I should have mentioned I don't think there's a way to reprogram image review magnification, and was thinking of the quickest alternative. Could have sworn I setup the dial for fine-grained magnification, but judging from your reply, it seems that's the default.

Shac

Well Guy we can but hope. What Keith suggested though was useful as I had previously been using the button associated with the AF/MF switch to reduce the magnification - and that was a pain