The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony tethered

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just figured out how to do this with Camera remote from Sony and to a hot folder in C1 takes about 4 seconds to preview. This is hard wired not wifi. Ill go over how to do this in a bit.

JMaher

Will a similar approach work with Lightroom?

I don't own the Sony but I am going to look at one this afternoon.

Jim

Guy Mancuso

Jim I believe in LR you can setup a hot folder as well to bring in imported images automatically. I don't have LR on system to check though

Guy Mancuso

First I got the software 3.2 from here. You can find links to other download sites. this is just the one I found.

Sony : SLT-A99 updates | Download updates for SLT A99 | SLTA99

Next go to menus on your camera to the tool box page 4 and select to PC remote. USB pun setting to multi. Connect camera to computer via the micro usb cord supplied . You will need when shooting a USB extension obviously to the footage you need > after connection fire up the remote camera app. You will get a dialog box like this in which you can setup your camera controls. Don't setup the save in yet with your files. Wait till C1 to create a session first.

Okay now lets fire up C1 and create a session which hopefully everyone knows how to do.

Now go to the first tab in C1 at the top. Follow the director as shown . Users , me obviously , desktop to the session folder I created select capture folder

. Right click and select as capture folder.

Than go to top bar in the camera select hot folder enabled

Than go back to camera bar in C1 and select immediate

C1 should be all set at this point Now go back to Camera Remote dialog and browse to that session folder and the capture folder to save images in . Than as you shoot it the files go into that folder and the preview will come up in C1

Guy Mancuso

Obviously the cord supplied is about 3ft so you will need a USB3 extension. I use a Sig 15ft extension. I'll get a link up but Amazon sells them. It's a powered extension

JMaher

Guy,

Thanks - you can set up a "watched" folder in LR which seems like it works like a "hot" folder in C1.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the A7 today. The Sony Store in Tampa closed since the last time I was there. There doesn't appear to be any local (or even not so local) place to actually pick up a Sony A7 or 7r.

Jim

Ben Rubinstein

I've been doing that sending to Bridge, would be interested if in LR like in C1 you can set it to show the new picture automatically. Have to try that.

BTW use a powered extension cord. I always use one for tethering and have never had problems with the Sony.