Site Sponsors

Thread: A7r + Summilux-r 80 info requested?

Post Thanks / Like

A7r + Summilux-r 80 info requested?

Gents,

I know some of you've tried it and I've seen some nice photos made with this combo. But nobody has specifically commented on it.

So what's your take on this combo? Anything to be aware of? Also what's the focus throw like? I once had the 75 lux on the M8/9 and it was a dream, but the focus throw was annoyingly slow...

These can still be found at semi-reasonable prices, so if it's good I'm going to snag one while I still can!

Also about the mount adapters, do they "lock" on the lens ie. have a push button or similar to remove from the lens? Ideally I'd like to permanently attach the adapter to the lens and not have to worry about it ever since..

//Juha

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: A7r + Summilux-r 80 info requested?

Quote Originally Posted by jlindstrom View Post
    Gents,

I know some of you've tried it and I've seen some nice photos made with this combo. But nobody has specifically commented on it.

So what's your take on this combo? Anything to be aware of? Also what's the focus throw like? I once had the 75 lux on the M8/9 and it was a dream, but the focus throw was annoyingly slow...

These can still be found at semi-reasonable prices, so if it's good I'm going to snag one while I still can!

Also about the mount adapters, do they "lock" on the lens ie. have a push button or similar to remove from the lens? Ideally I'd like to permanently attach the adapter to the lens and not have to worry about it ever since..

//Juha
    Take it. Wonderful and nothing to be aware of. Focus trow is 180 deg. from 0,8 meters infinity. Adapters lock on the lens, I have the Novoflex that is very solid and well done, but if you prefer a fixed adapter, Leitax has it

_DSC1223 by sergio lovisolo, on Flickr

_DSC0557 by sergio lovisolo, on Flickr
    Last edited by sergio lovisolo; 14th February 2014 at 13:02. Reason: photo added

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: A7r + Summilux-r 80 info requested?

Brings back memories of my DMR. Great lens
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com