The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DPreview review of A7r is out

Oren Grad

jonoslack

They came to their senses :D

BTW I got used to the clack sound, I don't notice it anymore.
HI Michiel
but it isn't really if you (or I) notice it or not - it's if your subject notices it or not, and as Todd says, it completely changes the dynamic in a room full of people if they are suddenly aware of a shutter going off.

Ben Rubinstein

I'm a left eyed shooter and for some reason the center button just fits better to me and my thumb is right there anyway. It's certainly a feel thing. BTW our dear Cindy Flood gave us a tip awhile back by using a product called Sugru. I think that is how it is spelled but anyway its a rubber that you can form. And place on the C1 function button to make it bigger which I took her advice and it works really nice. I'll get a link here up if you folks want to try it. Very nice solution.
Guy, I just got delivery of these, perfect size for the C1, C3 and AEL buttons and make them so much more useable. These ones were a perfect size for the shutter release.

Ben Rubinstein

Dirt cheap and I've had the bigger ones on my shutter release and C2 for a month, in and out of my bag. Not even slightly loose. Just got the smaller ones yesterday but they seem very secure. Having the C1 sticking up a bit makes all the difference for using it with focus magnification. Without it I was going crazy trying to find the button and press it in time.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Totally agree I need to work on my A7 body as well. Heck maybe I'll put them on all the buttons. C2 is also tough to get too. From what Cindy said let them cure about 6 hours before using them. Sounds like a good overnight job. I'll do mine today. The one I did has been on for weeks now.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Totally agree I need to work on my A7 body as well. Heck maybe I'll put them on all the buttons. C2 is also tough to get too. From what Cindy said let them cure about 6 hours before using them. Sounds like a good overnight job. I'll do mine today. The one I did has been on for weeks now.
I'm updating this . Im a Sugru king now. There everywhere they taken over the camera. LOL

Ill let them sit for several hours and try it out. If any of them are strange feeling you can just pull them off.

Let me ask was it okay to put in the middle of the lens. ROTFLMAO