Site Sponsors

Thread: Sony 4 adapter lossened up

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sony 4 adapter lossened up

I shot the other day in the studio with my 85 1.4 and noticed I had some movement on the camera side of the adapter . Rocking back and forth. When I was done wanted to make sure it was not the camera so tried it on the A7.

I'm wondering if there is a way to tighten it down and make it a firm fit. No loss in images or softness just feels off to me. I may just buy a new adapter and actually I may just buy the 3 and use this 4 for AF only when I need it.

Just wondering if anyone has run into this and found a way to tighten it down. It's not the camera mount as I tried every lens I had.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Sony 4 adapter lossened up

is it rocking as in rotating? or actually pulling away from the flange?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Rocking when rotating
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Rocking when rotating
    wait, what???

Rocking= pulling AWAY from the camera mount by some perceptible amount-- are you saying in rocks WHEN it also rotates?

Or, are you saying it moves WHEN you manually focus, moving clockwise or anti clockwise, while remaining firm against the mount?

I have an adapter for my canon RF 50mm f0.95 that has very slight rotational play, but does not rock in or out, and thus has no effect on the image-- so I live with it-- if it were any more than barely detectable when I turn the focus ring, Id probably replace-- but as it is, no worries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Let's call it roational . Once mounted it goes clockwise counter clockwise. It never deprecated from the camera just play rotational