The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonoslack

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Lots of great shots around here.
a couple of simple one's from the weekend
both with the kit zoom

Mended but not fixed

pepper pot

socal

First day with the Leica R APO-MACRO-Elmarit-R 100M f/2.8 ROM version with A7R today. Not a bad portrait lens, like it so far.

Ben Rubinstein

A7r 50mm Tak Super @f5.6

First decent rain this year started yesterday here in Jerusalem. This is from the balcony outside one of our studios. I got caught up in a heavier downpour than this yesterday while biking home, biking 4.5 miles in half a foot of rushing water, visibility zero, eyes blinded by driving rain, expecting the electric motor of my bike to cut out at any second, honestly, don't think I've had so much fun in years! Rain here in Jerusalem or indeed the entire country is a blessing and a joy. Wonderful way to feel about rain having grown up in Manchester, UK where rain is a constant non stop dreary reminder of the fact that we don't live anywhere more exotic :p

Last edited:

tashley

Subscriber Member

Fun with Filters #2

You know what it's like: you migrate your Mac to a new one (nice shiny New style mac pro, yum!) and all you software stops working and your plugins disappear. Nik wouldn't recognise my activation keys, all was annoying and dull. Then finally, after support emails, success. So I thought I'd celebrate by taking a file (actually I posted a 'straight' B&W of this one a couple of weeks back) and give it the full treatment: Silver Effex, Colour Effex and HDR Effex.

Just to check they were all working, you understand....

Last edited:

Ben Rubinstein

My one above is SIlver Efex Pro with the Tri-X preset that I'm having fun with at present. Using their control points for dodging and burning is rather fun actually. Rather simplistic and as such fun to use.

tashley

Subscriber Member

My one above is SIlver Efex Pro with the Tri-X preset that I'm having fun with at present. Using their control points for dodging and burning is rather fun actually. Rather simplistic and as such fun to use.
Now I know your dirty secret! :D:D:D

dunders

Subscriber Member

Here's the Elmar-M 4/135 pic that fell through the net yesterday. Not bad for a lens from 1960. Younger than me....

Distance to the castle is 1km. Snaefell, the mountain (our only mountain) with the broadcast towers, is 25km away.

Last edited:

dwood

Fun with Filters #2

You know what it's like: you migrate your Mac to a new one (nice shiny New style mac pro, yum!)

So you got the new 'Borg' cylinder (Star Trek reference, in case anyone's wondering)? Quick like a bunny, I'm guessing. BTW, the mood of your picture with the 'full treatment' is cool...right up my alley.

m_driscoll

Next to my gas station and where I park.

A7, 24-70mm f/4, 70mm, 1/100s @ f/4, ISO 100

A7, 24-70mm f/4, 70mm, 1/160s @ f/4, ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.