The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

I was wondering why you want per se an MMJ or MMG version?
It is only usefull or necessary if you want to Leitax them. Often the AEG, or what was it called version, is even better now because they have often an all black mount which does not cause inner ghost reflections.
There seems to be no quality difference what so ever.

Here's my collection. One is lacking on this picture the 45/2.8 Tessar. A wonderfull pancake.
Whee! That's a Zeiss barge load! :)

I think we enjoy this stuff way too much...

G

iiiNelson

I was wondering why you want per se an MMJ or MMG version?
It is only usefull or necessary if you want to Leitax them. Often the AEG, or what was it called version, is even better now because they have often an all black mount which does not cause inner ghost reflections.
There seems to be no quality difference what so ever.

Here's my collection. One is lacking on this picture the 45/2.8 Tessar. A wonderfull pancake.

It's quite simple for me. I don't want the possibility of getting the "ninja stars" in the bokeh when stopped down. While it doesn't happen in every shot it's possible. A few of the optics were upgraded as well when going to the MM versions over the AE - not the whole line but just certain models. I agree they're all nice and I'm in no rush to get anything other than the 100/2 Planar and the 21/2.8 Distagon honestly.

m_driscoll

The camelias in our yard are blooming and it wasn't raining.

A7, Leica 50mm f/1.4, Voigtlander VM-E, 1/320s, ISO 100

A7, Leica 50mm f/1.4, Voigtlander VM-E, 1/2500s, ISO 100

A7, Leica 50mm f/1.4, Voigtlander VM-E, 1/320s, ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

tashley

Subscriber Member

A little walk around the sunny harbour this morning... all with the 24-70.

W.Utsch

Michiel, back home? Enjoyed very much your pics from Napoli!

Tim, very nice - the 24/70 is a great walk around lens isn't it?

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks Werner,

Wonderful shot from the lake!

Yes I am back but will be gone soon again, but then not much time for photography I am afraid.

tashley

Subscriber Member

Warning: you absolutely cannot use the A7R for action shots, especially with a Metabones III, 100-400 Canon zoom and handheld. Don't even try, it just won't work...:D:D:D

Ben Rubinstein

A7r, Pentax 50mm Tak Super @ f8

Biking home in the freezing cold there was a very ominous cloud overhead, I could have raced it and almost made it when I saw this scene over the Ein Kerem valley. I was just one minute from home but I couldn't leave light like that. I stopped and got my camera out as the hailstones started, hard and fast. Got the shot and biked home. Riding into a hailstorm is really painful! Worth it for the shot though. A rare colour shot for me and a nice return to the 6X12 ratio I love so much.

Michiel Schierbeek

Don't forget that shuttersound. And that three times, it's like a bloody Stalin organ.
I hardly dare to take shot outside my house :D

Status
Not open for further replies.