The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Yea she got things backwards. ROTFLMAO

BTW used the Sony 43 flash for fill

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

I was not going to post this but it came out kind of nice. A7r ZA 85 1.4 at 2.8 and yes that is my daughter.

Guy,

Congratulations for the wonderful news and the upcoming events...

Doubt that a child/grandchild would be better drawn than those of your household....children and grandchildren are a blessing.

Almost a need for MF here....:ROTFL:

Great picture by the way. Must take after her mom....

Humble regards and most sincere congratulations!

Bob

Barry Haines

Trippet Stone (Circle) on Bodmin Moor, Cornwall.
A7R + Voigtlander 35/F1.2 Taken at F8

Continuing the theme of blending different monochrome - Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 Presets (Plain, Split toned and toned) with colour images and then re-saturate back the image.

Mark K

This is Bamei, Yunnan where three villages were completely located inside vallieys with only two exits...via small boats.

m_driscoll

My house is on the other side of Lake Union on the hill to the left. My office is on this side behind me. The Fremont Bridge, which I cross several times a day, is reputed to be the busiest draw bridge in the country. It was up, so, I got out to see what was passing under it. Turns out to be a 300' +/- concrete pontoon for the new floating bridge being built on Lake Washington! Not every day a hunk of concrete with a tug on each end cruises by. The pontoons are being built at Grays Harbor, on the Pacific Coast of Washington. I didn't know the Ballard Locks between Puget Sound and Lake Union were big enough for something like that.

Googled it: 360' long and 11,000 tons!

A7r, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 31mm, 1/1600s @ f/6.3, ISO 400

Cheers, Matt

f/otographer

While waiting for my bicycle to be worked on I ventured down to a bit of wooded river area right in the heart of the city. Im normally a cat person myself but there were several people out with their dogs and were pleased to let me take photos of them. Shoes left on the pebbled beach and pants rolled up I ventured out into the cold water for a bit of ankle wading. Turns out the A7 is decently water resistant in this type of environment, as tested by fairly close shots of very wet dogs romping about. Manual focus made capturing the fast moving beasties difficult but I managed a couple of respectable one. Overall a good, but tiring, day. All shots on either the Yashica ML 50/1.7 or the ML Macro 55/4. Surprisingly, all the water shots are from the Macro.

eruption of dog

lucky

the playful nature of the canine soul

rise above

the liquid of fluid water

the stasis of drifting sand

seakayaker

My house is on the other side of Lake Union on the hill to the left. My office is on this side behind me. The Fremont Bridge, which I cross several times a day, is reputed to be the busiest draw bridge in the country. It was up, so, I got out to see what was passing under it. Turns out to be a 300' +/- concrete pontoon for the new floating bridge being built on Lake Washington! Not every day a hunk of concrete with a tug on each end cruises by. The pontoons are being built at Grays Harbor, on the Pacific Coast of Washington. I didn't know the Ballard Locks between Puget Sound and Lake Union were big enough for something like that.

Googled it: 360' long and 11,000 tons!

Cheers, Matt
Matt the large lock speck is 80 x 825 feet or 24.4 x 251.5 meter).

Information found here

Some very large ships have moved through the large lock.

tashley

Subscriber Member

Two from this afternoon's dog walk... "Country Commute" and "The Dangers of Junk Food"

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Ben

In hindsight I should have used the A7 with the flash sync at 1/250 as this was shot with the A7r at 1/160 with the Sony flash model 43 at 1/2 power. But it really is not overblown too bad and was able to pull those highlights back in pretty nicely. I like the fact it does not look like I used flash either its very subtle. Colors look good too on my daughter as that truly is her color and Yes Bob she does look like her mom actually both kids do. Lucky them. LOL

Ben Rubinstein

I always let the background blow when shooting portraits, not completely, just enough to make them bright/romantic/happy. Works perfectly here. Same ratio I would always aim for. You balance it too well, let the background be the same exposure and suddenly they don't stick out any more, they look dull, the dream is gone, oh and the fill is a lot more apparent. There's a reason why in the wedding photography world (the world I know) the background either looks exactly as you did it or is a lot darker with heavy flash on the couple. Sellin' the dream...

Guy Mancuso

Agree Ben this style looks much more natural to our eyes in reality. Wedding shooters take note. LOL

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Absolutely stunning weather here today

Sticking its head above the parapet

NEX6 + E20/2.8, 1/1250, f5.6, iso 100

Barry Haines

Fishermen at Sennen, Cornwall...Taken last night.
All A7R + 55mm F1.8 at various apertures.

I am really liking the 55/F1.8 FE Sonnar...It's a great lens IMHO.

Michiel Schierbeek

As a young guy I worked for a few weeks in one of these factory halls. A company named Stork used to produce ship engines in here. Now it looks like playground.

Status
Not open for further replies.