The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.Utsch

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Georg, feel really bad and sorry for u :D:D

It's the same with me with so many lenses (i.e. Lux R 80 or Sony 135/1.8 and and and...)
...anyhow my very best regards to you!!

f/otographer

Re: Fun With Sony _____

A couple of old NEX 7 shots I found. I dont remember the lenses used here but they were either old Minolta or Yashica.

I dont live there anymore

a glamouring

As an aside, the photo tacked to my bathroom wall in the first shot was also shot on the NEX 7 with the Minolta AF 50/1.7.

wraiths

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

Georg, feel really bad and sorry for u :D:D

It's the same with me with so many lenses (i.e. Lux R 80 or Sony 135/1.8 and and and...)
...anyhow my very best regards to you!!
:)

This R100 belongs into the best lenses of all times hall of fame. It is just amazing, and well, she is in very capable hands, that much is certain.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Second copy of the 70-200: still not very happy!

So I waited a few weeks for my replacement (first copy, you got it, de-centred) and now I have one that seems usually (not always) symmetrical. And I have to say I'm rather disappointed. Firstly, the A7R shutter slap issue is visible with this lens like with no other I have tried: it's a rarity to get s sharp shot at less than a 1/400th. Secondly, random bits of the field of view seem to wonder in and out of focus. Thirdly, possibly related to #2, there is too much play at the lens mount. Results nowhere near as consistent as, say, the Nikkor equivalent lens.

Still, got some snaps of this morning even whilst mentally making a note that at some point I'm going to have wonder about whether the switch from D800 system was such a good idea after all.

biglouis

Tim, great shots - particularly the runner in #2 - the foliage looks nicely authentic. All round the colours are lovely. Perhaps (just a thought) it would be a better performer on the A7?

LouisB

cunim

Not sure I have found the best guard dog. Oh well.

A7r, FE55

W.Utsch

Thanks Tim for your report on the FE 70-200, will stay with my Canon ED F4 IS, a very good lens. I have with the Canon no problems with shutter shock. IS is working well AF is o/c too slow but it still works (Metabones).
Werner

Status
Not open for further replies.