The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

A couple of scenes in Sixmile Creek gorge below my house. Sony A7R + Hassy 80mm f/2.8 Planar on Rhinocam plate. Both are 8 shots each stitched with AutoPano pro 3.x

Original

Original

Barry Haines

Inside the recently refurbished Imperial War Museum, London.

Excellent Louis...Some refurbishment that has turned out to be...That's not at all how I remember it.

Sticking with your WW2 theme Louis and coincidentally taken this afternoon.
Disused air traffic control (WW2 RAF Airfield) at Davidstow up on Bodmin Moor.
Blended colour with Sepia (it seemed appropriate) in Nik SE Pro2...Cheers Barry.

Barry Haines

Also taken right on the edge of Davidstow airfield...Looking over to the two highest peaks in Cornwall...Cheers Barry

Barry Haines

A couple of scenes in Sixmile Creek gorge below my house. Sony A7R + Hassy 80mm f/2.8 Planar on Rhinocam plate. Both are 8 shots each stitched with AutoPano pro 3.x
Carl...Your MEGA-MEGA-MEGA sized images do downsize rather nicely;)
Barry

scho

Carl...Your MEGA-MEGA-MEGA sized images do downsize rather nicely;)
Barry
Yes, considering they went from about 150 mp down to about 1 mp for posting here. You still need to let your eyes wander over those rocks in the full size image to see the tiny fossils, lichens, moss, etc. :rolleyes:

Barry Haines

Yes, considering they went from about 150 mp down to about 1 mp for posting here. You still need to let your eyes wander over those rocks in the full size image to see the tiny fossils, lichens, moss, etc. :rolleyes:
You sure can afford to be more choosy about which pixels to keep or not than the rest of us :D
Glad you post the link to the original...Speaking personally I'm a self confessed pixel peeper ;)
Cheers Barry

Barry Haines

Well seen Barry! And thanks for the framing compliment.

It was really crowded in deed, you could walk over the heads in front of the Nightwatch!
And that on a monday!
Michiel...What is so pleasing is that so many youngsters are taking an active interest in the old masters.

Barry Haines

Ah, we have a new theme here! Good one!
Re: Tattoos.
Well I had a go Michiel...A quick Google search showed up that Newquay town just half an hours drive away had several tattoo studios...I was kicked out of one studio as they thought I was trying to pinch their ideas by photographing the patterns on the wall.
I can't say that I was comfortable with the so called "Theme" at all!!!
I wasted gallons of diesel in case I needed to make a hasty retreat :(:(:( ...Cheers Barry

Forgot also to mention that I was also nearly killed by a bus backing off of the kerb...This "Theme" is now finished as far as I am concerned.

jlm

Workshop Member

doug:

i'm so tired of seeing water that looks like cotton; nice shot, texture and color

dwood

doug:

i'm so tired of seeing water that looks like cotton; nice shot, texture and color
Thanks, Jim. I'll have to plead guilty to doing some of those cotton shots from time to time though. :D

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Tattoos.
Well I had a go Michiel...A quick Google search showed up that Newquay town just half an hours drive away had several tattoo studios...I was kicked out of one studio as they thought I was trying to pinch their ideas by photographing the patterns on the wall.
I can't say that I was comfortable with the so called "Theme" at all!!!
I wasted gallons of diesel in case I needed to make a hasty retreat :(:(:( ...Cheers Barry

Forgot also to mention that I was also nearly killed by a bus backing off of the kerb...This "Theme" is now finished as far as I am concerned.

Yeah, always problems with those tattoo guys, although some of those tattoo girls can be quiet nice :cool:
Certain themes can really become a burden. :angel:
Sorry to have dragged you into this. But you got some nice shots.

I played it safe today and spend some time with the family.

Michiel Schierbeek

I did find some time to squeeze in some other subjects today, also not very dangerous exept a car trying to run over me.

W.Utsch

Was a little absent here in the last month, to busy with family /business affairs.
But i attended the first week of July a 4-day workshop about Black and White photography. It was held by Harold Davis a pro photographer and author of many (photography)books from San Francisco.
I will post some of the shots i took and processed during that workshop (not all in BW,though).
It took place in an artists atelier/studio in Heidelberg.

"Atelier Kurus, Heidelberg"

HDR, 5 shots 0,7 EV - Nik HDR Effects, Photoshop

DSC08941_HDR.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr

DSC08944_HDR.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr​

Barry Haines

Was a little absent here in the last month, to busy with family /business affairs.
But i attended the first week of July a 4-day workshop about Black and White photography. It was held by Harold Davis a pro photographer and author of many (photography)books from San Francisco.
I will post some of the shots i took and processed during that workshop (not all in BW,though).
It took place in an artists atelier/studio in Heidelberg.
Hi Werner...As Michiel says, great to have you back again, I have been missing your regular classical Italian travel blog shots.
I personally thought you were still recovering from the shock of winning the World Cup my friend as things went a bit quiet after that :D:D:D

All excellent shots :thumbs:
Really liked the B/W image in particular...Very nicely processed...Hope all is well with your family etc...Cheers Barry

Barry Haines

I did find some time to squeeze in some other subjects today, also not very dangerous exept a car trying to run over me.

Michiel not deliberately I hope! :shocked::shocked::shocked:
Yeah, there are some dangerous drivers about that’s for sure...This menace just missed some ducks!...Cheers Barry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.