The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Just got an invite to Michiel's exhibition (I have a personal copy of a book! :) ). I hope it is OK to post it here (Site owners and Michiel)?

I plan to go there on opening day.

gurtch

Sony A7R and 20mm f2.8 Minolta Lens, polarizer, hand held with monopod

cam

Just got an invite to Michiel's exhibition (I have a personal copy of a book! :) ). I hope it is OK to post it here (Site owners and Michiel)?

I plan to go there on opening day.
Oooooooh! Do I smell road trip? Are you staying overnight?

dandrewk

Great shot as always Werner!

I'm curious, are you using a 10 stop ND filter for these water shots?

Michiel Schierbeek

Oooooooh! Do I smell road trip? Are you staying overnight?
You're welcome of course :) Alas I can't put you up for the night. I think Pegelli (Pieter) from your country is also coming.

Vivek; For me it's no problem :) Nice you're coming!
For anybody interested some more info here:
Window dressing - PuntWG
for English:
http://www.michielschierbeek.com/

Shot on the Champs Elysees, Paris​

jfirneno

12mm comparison on the A7S

I rented the Voigtlander-Cosina 12mm to compare it to the Sigma 12-24mm zoom (first version).

There are differences so depending on your needs it's a matter of weighing the pluses and minuses.

First is the ludicrous difference in size. The Sigma is gigantic compared to the VC. Between the lens and the LAEA3 adapter, the A7S is just a tiny part of the combination. The V-C is actually pretty balanced on the A7S and is nice for walking around.

Another difference is vignetting. The Sigma has much less light fall-off compared to the V-C.

With respect to sharpness I would say that the V-C is sharper wide open. As the lenses are stopped dowwn they become close. Corner sharpness seems to follow the same pattern.

And finally, since my Sigma is an A-mount lens I get the metering, autofocus and metadata in the camera.

All that being said and seeing how they provide pretty comparable results I am sorely tempted to add the V-C 12mm to my lens shelf.

Regards,
John

both files f11, 320 ISO, 1/100 sec

pegelli

You're welcome of course :) Alas I can't put you up for the night. I think Pegelli (Pieter) from your country is also coming.
I'm planning to come indeed. Trying to make the opening on Jan 10. Looking forward to see some of you "in real life" Don't know my exact travel plans to Amsterdam yet, but will most probably drive back to the Antwerp area in the evening of the 10th. So if someone needs a lift let me know.

Michiel Schierbeek

..you captured the Audi Proloque Michiel, a conceptcar, I think...but anyway, nice shapes, and happy exhibition!
thorkil
Actually this was the top showroom of Peugeot on the Champ Elysees near the Arc the triomphe.
Thank you Thorkil!

Status
Not open for further replies.