The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Thank you so much everybody for all your kind words here and PM's sent, I am really quite touched by the Getdpi community, as lot's of you obviously have experienced the same thing or worse...It's great to be snapping and uploading once again :) Cheers Barry

Annna T

"Lugano At Night II"

Canon 24/3.5 TSE II shifted
Nice citylights and nice series on Ticino since a few days ! No house or building of Mario Botta to show ?

(For those who don't know, make a search in Google images with the following keywords : mario botta ticino; can't post a clickable link from my iPad, Google prevents me to see the full link)

W.Utsch

Nice citylights and nice series on Ticino since a few days ! No house or building of Mario Botta to show ?

(For those who don't know, make a search in Google images with the following keywords : mario botta ticino; can't post a clickable link from my iPad, Google prevents me to see the full link)
Thank you!

Funny, i intended to go to Monte Tamero to the Botta chapel, but the funiculare is closed in winter now (we used to ski there...).
I will do that next time as well as the church in Mongno.
These are imo the best Botta's in Ticino, next to some early private homes and Rustici. Other wise we live daly here with lots of his commercial buildings. I have met him once in the Grotto del Ortiga in Manno.

We had an incredible winter (well after a really bad summer and fall) so far with exceptional light every day and because we live at the lake i took advantage of the weather there.
Though i took some shots with my Leica Monochrom of the Casinó di Campione, i will post them in the Leica M forum at FM.

Here is the LAC, it took some 50 years (sic) to build that, it is yet not ready and not by Botta:

"LAC Lugano Arte Cultura"

DSC01348-Bearbeitet.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr

ggibson

Hot Air Ballooning fun with the A7 and Pentax 17mm Fisheye (m42 mount):

Barry Haines

Barry, like that! Selenium toned?
Many thanks David...I toned it in Silver Efex Pro 2, I used the middle preset blue toner then slightly decreased the intensity until it looked about right to my eyes...Cheers Barry

dandrewk

I love SEP2. When I hear all the talk about a possible B/W sensor camera, I'm thinking "how does that improve what we already have?".

Toning is one of the last steps for me, and too often I forget it's there. Some images just scream for a subtle toning, but I never know until (or if) I try.

Barry Haines

I love SEP2. When I hear all the talk about a possible B/W sensor camera, I'm thinking "how does that improve what we already have?".

Toning is one of the last steps for me, and too often I forget it's there. Some images just scream for a subtle toning, but I never know until (or if) I try.
Agreed David, It will be interesting to see if Sony ever decide one day to make their equivalent of the Leica Monochrom.
Like yourself I leave the toning right until the last step, thats If I think toning will add an extra dimension to an image. I normally make several slightly different versions and go with the version I like the best. I will also make a slight curve adjustment as toning can make some images look a bit flat/muddy at times...Cheers Barry

Red Bull Sound Select - The Tontons, The Suffers, Lee Fields and the Expressions
Houston, TX

Sony A7II and A7s

Status
Not open for further replies.