The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

I often overlook my 58mm Rokkor F1.2 in favour of the 55mm Sony FE f1.8 as it's just so much sharper...but it can't do that f1.2 bokeh at the end of the day :)

PLEASE SEE
ORIGINAL

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

That's a great scene Mikal :salute:

When I'm walking in old French villages I'm always attracted to the most paintless and derelict doors.
Here's two examples from Lalinde (Dordogne) in October last year.

1: Double glazing :facesmack:

2: The nicest curtain :rolleyes:

Both NEX6 + Summaron M 35/2.8

scho

A spot of bright winter sun highlighting some houseplant leaves. I haven't ventured outdoors in two days due to a bitter cold snap (-10 F).

A7II+Zhongyi f/0.95 (exposure data in exif).

MikalWGrass

Peg, thank you. I have a few more but I decided that this one was the best. The park is a mile from our new home. On the weekends it is full of old Cubans fishing with a simple set up of fishing line and a hook, kayakers, and others. Unfortunately swimming is discouraged because a crocodile may be lurking in the mangroves.

It is a great place to take pics. I will post more as I become more familiar with the setting and the people become more familiar with me.

hodad66

I went to Squid Lips after the gym to try out my new (old 1952) lens. A Leitz
Leica Summaron 35mm f3.5 on the Sony A7II. I also tried shooting a new way
using auto ISO. Well, the lens works great but all of the shots were underexposed
.... ;-( Meanwhile, the music was great & the crowd had a ball!

Barry Haines

When I'm walking in old French villages I'm always attracted to the most paintless and derelict doors.
Here's two examples from Lalinde (Dordogne) in October last year.
Very nice Pieter, I love the Dordogne :) The wife and I were seriously considering retiring there instead of Cornwall, it certainly has a lot less rain!
I have driven through Lalinde at least a dozen times but only ever stopped there once briefly for a coffee...I should have paid more attention to the doors there :facesmack:
Ditto...Always attracted to the ones with the least paint (It must be a photographers thing :LOL: )
These are just a few from my last visit to the Dordogne in 2013.
Taken with either NEX-5N or NEX-6 cameras and Zeiss ZM 25mm Biogon or ZM 50mm Planar lenses...Cheers Barry

nsng

Congrats nsng, the one at CNN is beautiful as well, excellent job!

Thanks! I nearly collapsed due to heat exhaustion after a 15km trek up to the summit of an active volcano. This is a fascinating region. I will make another trip to Ethiopia in the near future. I did not post the CNN shot here as it was captured with the M240 w/WATE.

Barry Haines

nsng...Some really excellent work on those links :thumbs: :salute:

Another 58mm Rokkor image taken at F1.2 this afternoon.
(A two image composite stack)....Split toned.

Quentin_Bargate

A test of the Voightlander 35mm F/1.2 Nokton on the A7r using metabones adapter, ISO 8000, F/1.4, 1/30 sec, slightly cropped.

The A7r shutter is so awful it can affect sharpness even at 1/60 of a sec. This can be show by comparing hand-held shots against those braced against something solid or on a tripod.

The bar I was in with a colleague from my office, Mark, was practically dark. When braced against the table, this shot is sharp with a load of decent film-like grain.

Barry Haines

It will probably end up getting it's own thread eventually but I will kick it off here to start with.
(SR3) Two new Zeiss FE 25mm f/2.0 and 85mm f/1.8 coming mid-end 2015? | sonyalpharumors
SR3 Rumor...25mm and 85mm....The 85mm f1.8 will be probably ideal/fast enough for most of us I expect.

Werner...Nice selfie looking at the original with a bit of pixel peeping :LOL:

Quentin...Congratulations on your new Voigtlander 35 F1.2 and 75mm Summilux...Two fast excellent bokeh lenses :)

Carl...Have you compared the Mitakon 50mm wide open against the Noctilux?...I have looked at Amin's images that he kindly linked for us all and it does indeed look excellent in the centre wide open. Less sure at the edges and corners though...Although your image sharpens up very nicely by F5.6 with creamy bokeh :)

Last edited:

nsng

Thanks Barry. Ethiopia was tough but fascinating. My first trip of the year is next week. I will be going to Yunnan, Southern China.

Hope you have recovered from your back problems. I had back problems years ago and it took several weeks of physiotherapy to recover. My son is studying physiotherapy in London. But it is his first year in the university. Once he graduates and starts working, I should be able to save some treatment fees, if needed!

Barry Haines

Thanks Barry. Ethiopia was tough but fascinating. My first trip of the year is next week. I will be going to Yunnan, Southern China.

Hope you have recovered from your back problems. I had back problems years ago and it took several weeks of physiotherapy to recover. My son is studying physiotherapy in London. But it is his first year in the university. Once he graduates and starts working, I should be able to save some treatment fees, if needed!

Many thanks and a thank you Ng Ngok Swee (nsng) for all of your wonderful images and sharing them with us all!
+ Congratulations on having one of your images being selected (CNN) that’s fantastic and a real honour.
As said before, you have my respect as a travel photographer for the dedication and hard work that goes into doing what you do, it’s not easy and can be dangerous at times especially in some of the locations that you have chosen to document...I particularly like your people images in the more remote recent locations...Ethiopia, Mongolia and Silk Road series. Keep them coming :)
I will look forward to seeing Yunnan, S. China later on...Sorry to hear about your back problem, I hope it holds out for your upcoming trip :) All the very best...Cheers Barry

My local images of Cornwall always feel a bit mundane after seeing Ng’s but I work with what’s accessible to me and am having fun :)
Taken yesterday in Cardinham Woods with the Voigtlander 35mm F1.2...(A pair of two image composite stacks) The first image at F5.6 and the other one at F2.8

Quentin_Bargate

Nothing wrong with Cornwall, Barry, it is a superb location for photography as you so ably show.

Barry Haines

Nothing wrong with Cornwall, Barry, it is a superb location for photography as you so ably show.
Many thanks Quentin most appreciated...I sometimes feel I'm boring everybody to death with my lack of variety of places visited...Cheers Barry

BTW...I was down Talland Bay just the other day up some rather remote muddy narrow lane and was surprised to see a lovely old Aston Martin Vantage with the registration V8 !...I thought of you immediately :)

Quentin_Bargate

Barry

That Aston number plate is probably worth more than the car!

A few with the A7r and Voigtlander F/1.2 Nokton Asp II from Hanbury Street, off Brick Lane, near my new (rented) London weekday flat.

Quentin_Bargate

By the way, Barry, I really like the relatively shallow focus of your Ladyvale 2 shot. It almost looks 3D - in a good way! We don't see differential focus used enough in most landscape work, in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.