The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irenaeus

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

2) After thirty years of living with the frozen hell that is New England winter I consider death by heart attack anytime before February as a net positive.

You know it!

I lived in Boston for 3 winters and you've just made me actually laugh out loud!!

Many cheers,

Irenaeus

Barry Haines

Taken this afternoon...It was bitterly cold and the wind was so strong I could hardly stand up!

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Quentin,

+1 on your success with many different "looks". Getting one is difficult enough!

--Matt

biglouis

Took my recently acquired A7s and CZ 24-70 out for a bit of a thrashing last night at a nearby club my son's band was playing.

The lead singer is a bit of a character. I must say I am impressed at how well the camera performed. For the entire evening I left the lens at f4 and was mostly working at iso10000-12800. Results are quite usable.

dandrewk

Nice shots Louis! I lust for the A7s. :)

Did you use any de-noising in post? If so, which application?

biglouis

Nice shots Louis! I lust for the A7s. :)

Did you use any de-noising in post? If so, which application?
Thanks. No these are basically straight out of the camera into LR. Imho, the A7s needs very little post processing - or at least, I like the look of the captures straight out of the camera.

I did not bother with noise reduction because the lighting (as you can see) is all over the place.

I did crop all three reducing the portraits to a 6x7 ratio and cropping the landscape photograph to exclude extraneous areas.

I am planning on writing a review of the camera and my experiences when I get the time.

LouisB

dwood

Taken this afternoon...It was bitterly cold and the wind was so strong I could hardly stand up!
Barry, I think that wind was a "gift" from those of us here in the New England area. We had a nasty storm a couple days ago: 24" of snow and 24+ hours of 40-50 mph gusts. Blizzard conditions. Sorry about that. :D

Barry Haines

Barry, I think that wind was a "gift" from those of us here in the New England area. We had a nasty storm a couple days ago: 24" of snow and 24+ hours of 40-50 mph gusts. Blizzard conditions. Sorry about that. :D
Some "gift", thanks a lot Doug :mad: Now I know who to blame!
You can now send me your 21mm Distagon as "by way of gift" to patch things up between us :ROTFL:
You obviously had it worse (A bit of a understatement) as we only had hale-stones but we did have a bitterly cold wind up on the cliffs that I could barely stand up in.
The snow obviously went to some other poor undeserving soul up in Scotland :rolleyes:

dwood

Some "gift", thanks a lot Doug :mad: Now I know who to blame!
You can now send me your 21mm Distagon as "by way of gift" to patch things up between us :ROTFL:
You obviously had it worse (A bit of a understatement) as we only had hale-stones but we did have a bitterly cold wind up on the cliffs that I could barely stand up in.
The snow obviously went to some other poor undeserving soul up in Scotland :rolleyes:
Yeah, I'll send the Zeiss right over :ROTFL:

Tell the folks in Scotland that I'm sorry about the snow too. :D

sjg284

Snow storm in NYC was a total bust, though a few miles East in LI they got hit hard.

In any event, my wife after her yoga class tonight
A7s + FE 35/2.8 | SilverEfex 2

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

I really liked how the soft morning sun did shine on castle Hallehof after a cold night with some snow

1: Peek-a-boo

2: In a cold environment

3: For the rest is was still misty in the park

All 3 NEX6 + E30/3.5 macro

Status
Not open for further replies.