The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve P.

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Werner, I gave up cigarettes 25 years ago. "Diamante II" makes me want to start up again! :thumbup:

Barry Haines

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Thanks again Pieter...Another one with your favorite lens (Oly 85mm f2) but with the Nex-6 this time...My take on the "Decisive Moment"...Cheers Barry

LARGER

pegelli

Great shot Barry, let's hope a split second later there was no opportunity for a news shot :eek:

Now I can't stay back of course, a shot from last sunday in Utrecht.

Old and New (NEX6 + Olympus Zuiko 85/2)

pegelli

And an old sleeper, taken in Knokke in 2012, PP'd today

The Fisherman

NEX5 + Olympus Zuiko 85/2

pegelli

Nice and punchy Barry, my lust sensors are being tickled :banghead:

Although for that FOV I have the Oly Zuiko 24/2.8, sharp, punchy contrast and great colors, so not sure I am going to get one. Better put that money towards the a7SII (if and when it will be released :clap:)

NEX6 + Oly Zuiko 24/2.8

Barry Haines

Likewise Pieter...Nice strong directional light on that Cat.
You would probably be far better off with your 24mm Oly on FF...The ZM 25mm Biogon was a big disappointment on the FF A7R.

Nex-5N + 85mm F2 Oly.

LARGER

biglouis

Hope people don't mind me blowing my own trumpet here but I entered the British Life Photography Awards 2014 last year with several photographs taken with my A7 and various lenses. Two were picked as 'Highly Commended' and are currently on view at an exhibition at the Mall Galleries in London (before touring the UK). They are also reproduced in the book of the exhibition.

The left hand one, taken on the Thames Bank was shortly after I got the A7 and with the FE 55/1.8 which to my mind is just a spectacular landscape lens. This was shot at f1.8 to create a dreamier look rather than a harsh b&w effect.

The right-hand is an unusual weather event called a 'punch' or 'fallstreak' hole and I literally swerved off the road, jumped out the car and I took it with the A7 and my now sold C-Summicron 40/2.

Both printed up really nicely for the exhibition - I was impressed at the detail in both photographs.

Anyway, a good result for me and for Sony as well.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Today, with the 70-200:

--Matt

Last edited:

jfirneno

Two were picked as 'Highly Commended' and are currently on view at an exhibition at the Mall Galleries in London (before touring the UK). They are also reproduced in the book of the exhibition.
Louis:
Congratulations. Excellent photos.

Regards,
John

Bob Parsons

Hope people don't mind me blowing my own trumpet here but I entered the British Life Photography Awards 2014 last year with several photographs taken with my A7 and various lenses. Two were picked as 'Highly Commended' and are currently on view at an exhibition at the Mall Galleries in London (before touring the UK). They are also reproduced in the book of the exhibition.......................
Hi Louis, Congratulations!

Is the exhibition at the Mall Galleries still on? I looked on their site and can't find a reference to it.

Thanks, Bob.

biglouis

Hi Louis, Congratulations!

Is the exhibition at the Mall Galleries still on? I looked on their site and can't find a reference to it.

Thanks, Bob.
Thank you all for your kind words - Bob, the exhibition only runs until this Saturday, 7th March.

I should add the competition attracted some very good work and I am humbled to have mine included.

LouisB

V

Vivek

Around the block from Charlie Hebdo, Paris. An unremarkable and almost sleepy neighborhood with lots of regular folks going for evening walks and such.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
7s, Olympus pen F 60/1.5, Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.