The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

With all this talk of the Sony 28/2, I was comparing the Minolta 28/2 prime with the Sony 16-35/4 at 28mm. A bunch of examples and crops can be found here, but I wanted to post a few examples from the Minolta.

This one shows a very slight hard edge to the bokeh:

and this is one just sharp:

--Matt

V

Vivek

Shooting directly into the Sun: Some may be disappointed in not getting a star shaped Sun because the rounded diaphram actually does it job pretty well.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
A7s, Sony FE 28/2, f/9, ISO100, The Hague

V

Vivek

Geese (against the Sun):

A7s, Sony FE 28/2, f/3.2

No sign of onion rings (from the aspherics) in the OOF highlights!

V

Vivek

Will auto focus quickly and accurately in the middle of the night. :)

A7s, Sony FE 28/2, ISO8000, f/2.2, 1/250s, The Hague

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

A cute little robin in our garden (taken from the inside through my study window)

A850 + 200/2.8 HS G + Sony APO 1.4 x converter

Barry Haines

Gull (against the Sun).

Taken this afternoon, A7R with 70-200mm FE at 135mm @ F8...This lens really shines at the 135mm focal length.
This is a one image composite, stacked into two halves (ie. one image on top of the other...Total 2400x1600 pixels in Flickr)...Please click on LARGE links below for each half to see the detail.
Just for a change I started out with a jpg and not a RAW file although I still processed the jpg through the Adobe Raw Converter.

V

Vivek

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Infrared capture with a new lens and an "old" camera.

Hacked NEX-C3, Sony FE 28/2, f/3.5, 1/250s, ISO1600, Heliopan RG780

Barry Haines

Apologies for keeping showing Sony 70-200mm FE images here, as that is all I have been shooting this week, getting to know the lens.
It’s a great lens just as Bill and others have said here before...I was put off initially because of one or two early bad reviews.

Multilayered tone mapped, originally made from a jpg instead of a raw but still processed through ACR.
This was taken at the 70mm end (handheld OSS on)...Still an amazing amount of detail can be seen in the LARGER link below...Cheers Barry

LARGER

Ron Pfister

Had another lovely outing in Cornwall with Barry and his wife today. After a delicious lunch, we explored St. Ives photographically, enjoying a splendid spring afternoon. Many thanks again, Barry!

I mostly used Barry's FE 70-200 on my A7R, and found it to be a very versatile lens (I've always felt that way about 70-200s on FF). It also handles and balances well on the A7R. Thanks for letting me try it, Barry!

Here some samples:

Barry Haines

Ron, excellent ^^^
Likewise we both had a good time also...Thanks for letting me try out your Sony A7II and the Zeiss ZF.2 100mm Macro lens...I liked both of them a ”LOT”
Here are just a few from yesterday (I will post some more later on)...I was very happy just using the Zeiss 100mm Macro together with either the A7II and A7R.
I think our eyes honed in on the same subjects as the three of us walked around St. Ives together.

Jim DE

Bill I am guessing you are liking the a7II more than your a99...... You have been posting some excellent wildlife shots with that body

Status
Not open for further replies.