The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

slickster

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

This guy seemed as though he'd like to get to know my tripod better and hung around.

Must have been a leg man.:D

Cheers, Monty

slickster

Taken this afternoon at Bodmin and Wenford steam railway.

Barry.... I just love this shot .....and I'm lusting over this lens again.:banghead:
Size has been holding me back but results like I'm seeing here will be keeping me awake at night.........

Best regards, Monty:salute:

iiiNelson

I'm leaning towards that the 35 Distagon may be the best native FE lens so far. I've tried or owned just about all of them at some point in time (save the Loxia's, the 28FE, and the superzoom) and the only ones I haven't gotten rid of that I've bought are the 35 Distagon and the 55 Sonnar.

The only other ones I'd make room for in my bag are the 50 Loxia, the Batis lenses, the 70-200 for convenience, MAYBE the 90 Macro, and the 16-35FE at this point.

slickster

I'm leaning towards that the 35 Distagon may be the best native FE lens so far. I've tried or owned just about all of them at some point in time (save the Loxia's, the 28FE, and the superzoom) and the only ones I haven't gotten rid of that I've bought are the 35 Distagon and the 55 Sonnar.

The only other ones I'd make room for in my bag are the 50 Loxia, the Batis lenses, the 70-200 for convenience, MAYBE the 90 Macro, and the 16-35FE at this point.
I'm covering 35 with the fe24-70, I had and sold the fe35 2.8. I have both Batis's ordered and have the 55 and 16-35 as well as the 70-200 f4, so, since 35 is the weak
spot in my sack, I think I dam well ought to follow my very logical thought process and just get it.:grin:
My bride and I are heading to SW Ireland in early June and I think would be just a helluva shame to be without it.:chug:

You better get it too.

Cheers, Monty

slickster

I've been busy tidying up my frames, so perhaps a few too many posts all in a bunch, but I think I'm pretty much honed in with one I like now so I'll space 'em out a bit.

Cheers, Monty :)

Last edited:

jfirneno

I'm leaning towards that the 35 Distagon may be the best native FE lens so far.
It is a very sweet lens. But it's an enormous brick. I've developed a love hate relationship with this lens. When I put it on the camera and put it in my camera case I groan. I know it's gonna scare the general public and alert the populace. But if I leave it home, then I feel short changed. It's just too good to leave behind. My solution is I'm just going to bring the 35 and the camera and nothing else.

iiiNelson

It is a very sweet lens. But it's an enormous brick. I've developed a love hate relationship with this lens. When I put it on the camera and put it in my camera case I groan. I know it's gonna scare the general public and alert the populace. But if I leave it home, then I feel short changed. It's just too good to leave behind. My solution is I'm just going to bring the 35 and the camera and nothing else.
Yes I agree it's larger compared to all the other FE lenses (it's actually slightly larger than the Sigma Art 35 without the LA-E4) but the results are definitely worth the subjective inconvenience in size. As many have used it have said it balances well and doesn't feel heavy though. Definitely a keeper of a lens IMO.

biglouis

I live on a busy main road on the edge of central London but we have a long front garden which my wife cultivates. It makes for an interesting contrast between the flowers and the traffic which includes several London bus routes.

The idea of the first photograph is to use the bus as the bokeh - hence the title
"Bearded Iris with red London Bus bokeh" - A7R+Loxia 2/35

The second photograph aimed to get the distinctive roundel of London Transport in the the gap left by my front gate. I spent several hours trying to do this and as the best opportunity presented itself my cat decided to get in on the act
A7R+CV Ultron 21/1.8

biglouis

^^^ Barry Haines: that portrait could pretty much sell a ton of 34/1.4's! Drop dead gorgeous ^^^^

^^^ Slickster: "Virgin River" shot is beautiful landscape. ^^^

V

Vivek

^^^ Barry Haines: that portrait could pretty much sell a ton of 34/1.4's! Drop dead gorgeous ^^^^
I agree that Barry's portrait is nice and even if one lens is sold it will be a tonne. :D

AlanS

First tentative trip out with the camera after my surgery a few weeks ago. Just wanted to get out into the woods and shoot a bit :D Anyway...
A7, Canon 28-85 fd, Hamsterley.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I absolutely agree! Hard to choose between the FE55 and the FE35 Distagon, but I think the Distagon has the edge. Although I have the FE24-70 I'm omitting it from my travel kit, taking the 16-35, the FE 35 1.4, FE 55 and the FE 70-200.

Now I'd like a 1.4X teleconverter for the 70-200....

Barry Haines

Re. Steam Train Driver...Thank you for the kind words Monty, Louis and Vivek :)

Monty, as Pieter said earlier, you have given us an excellent diverse range of images...Nice to play around with the framing to see what does and doesn’t work for you :)

Alison and I love your garden Louis :)
That was a nice touch to include those bright red buses and the occasional Tate and Lyle golden syrup tin can ;)

Michiel, look forward to seeing some of that famous bokeh from your 100mm Meyer Trioplan...I can’t seem to find that tree root image of yours now!

Tre, lovely to see some IR on this thread for a change.

Carlos and Alan, I wish you both a speedy recovery guys...Excellent images BTW.

Bill, our kit looks to be pretty well the same (apart from the 24-70mm).
It will be interesting if we ever do get to see a 1.4x TC? Perhaps somebody else other than Sony will decide to make one, that's if it’s not in Sony’s interest?

I love my 35mm FE Distagon brick :LOL: ....My new number one default lens with the 55mm FE just trailing behind very slightly.

Taken this afternoon on the south coast down at Charlestown Pt/Pd toned

LARGER

slickster

Re. Steam Train Driver...Thank you for the kind words Monty, Louis and Vivek :)

Monty, as Pieter said earlier, you have given us an excellent diverse range of images...Nice to play around with the framing to see what does and doesn’t work for you :)

Alison and I love your garden Louis :)
That was a nice touch to include those bright red buses and the occasional Tate and Lyle golden syrup tin can ;)

Michiel, look forward to seeing some of that famous bokeh from your 100mm Meyer Trioplan...I can’t seem to find that tree root image of yours now!

Tre, lovely to see some IR on this thread for a change.

Carlos and Alan, I wish you both a speedy recovery guys...Excellent images BTW.

Bill, our kit looks to be pretty well the same (apart from the 24-70mm).
It will be interesting if we ever do get to see a 1.4x TC? Perhaps somebody else other than Sony will decide to make one, that's if it’s not in Sony’s interest?

I love my 35mm FE Distagon brick :LOL: ....My new number one default lens with the 55mm FE just trailing behind very slightly.

Taken this afternoon on the south coast down at Charlestown Pt/Pd toned

LARGER
I'm totally impressed ..... Your talent and that lens create wonderful art.

I ordered today, had doubting moments thru the day, but, after seeing this .... no more. So, thanks again and keep posting more please.

Cheers,:) Monty

Barry Haines

Hi Monty, many thanks.
Once you receive yours I'm sure your doubts will all fade away (+ you will be able to sleep peacefully once again ;) )...It's a great lens that renders beautifully it's hard not to full in love with it...Hope you get it soon, I'm enjoying your images here and on the Nikon thread...It's late here, so I'm off to bed...Cheers for now Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.