The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Late evening shot of some Japanese Fern in the garden after a rainy, cool day. A7r+Cambo Actus+Rodenstock APO-Grandagon 55mm f/4.5 Vignetting applied in LR.

V

Vivek

Fabulous color combination! :thumbs:

Annna T

The second one is a keeper, I like its composition. The light and colors. Concerning your PP, there are pictures where I like your "blencomo" technique (or how do you name it ?), it is fitting well with stones and buildings with some blue skies or blue waters. But recently you have shown landscape pictures exhibiting a lot of green and I found that the PP (same blencomo technique ?) wasn't working as well.

Yesterday early evening walkabout in overcast low light conditions, along the disused railway track/trail at the back of my home.
All taken with the 35mm FE Distagon, the first three are at F1.4 and the last one is at F5.6...With minimum PP just for a change ;)
I am happy using this lens either stopped down or WO...Close up to your subject or towards infinity or anything inbetween for that matter :)
The rendering is just beautiful to my eyes and it’s plenty sharp enough I feel...Please click on the “LARGER” links below...Cheers Barry

LARGER

CharlesK

Shots from Elephant rock, Currumbin beach. The second last day before the official start of winter here in Australia. The temperature was 23 degC, and there was high cloud that softened the lighting. Our lighting is generally so harsh :)

A7r Modified and WATE

k-hawinkler

Charles,

Excellent images. Thanks for posting.
I find the WATE performs also very well with my A7R without modification, actually similar to my M9.
So, for which Leica lenses did you see the most benefit with the modified A7R? TIA.

CharlesK

Thank you K-H :)
The WATE was excellent before the modification on the A7r, but there are noticeable improvements now with the modification.

I have somewhat culled my Leica lens collection leaving the WATE, 28 Elmarit IV, 50 Cron IV, 50 Nocti f/1.0, 50 Cron DR and 75 Lux, for the Loxia 35/50, FE 35/1.4 and now I have on order the Batis 25/85.

I previously had the 21 SEM, but I sold just before the modification as I had just recently acquired the WATE. The best samples are on LC site and it replicated by others who have had the A7r modified. The 35 Lux FLE and 50 Lux Asph improved to the point where I was happy to use these lenses again.

Basically I have kept for the most part Mandler lenses, as I love the rendering and look.

Reality I am keeping only few Leica lenses now, ones that will not cause issues regardless of which body I use.

etrigan63

More macro tomfoolery:

TWSBI by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr - A7 II + Canon 50mm f/3.5 Macro @ f11

To trigger this shot, I used the EVF trigger app. Quite neat. Set up the shot, start the app, wave your hand over the EVF and the A7 (all flavors) takes the shot. Caveat emptor, Sony apps tend to change your camera settings to something along factory while the app is running. Be sure to check your settings or you will have to redo the shots.http://www.getdpi.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Barry Haines

The second one is a keeper, I like its composition. The light and colors. Concerning your PP, there are pictures where I like your "blencomo" technique (or how do you name it ?), it is fitting well with stones and buildings with some blue skies or blue waters. But recently you have shown landscape pictures exhibiting a lot of green and I found that the PP (same blencomo technique ?) wasn't working as well.
Thank you Annna, you are 100% correct. Sometimes I feel I end up killing some of my images with just to much PP with the likes of BLENCOMO (BLENded COlour MOno)...Pseudo IR...NIK SE2...Photomatix....etc... After a couple of hours I end up with so many layers that I have a hard time considering which layers to use and just how much opacity is going to filter through of each one of them! :confused: :confused: :confused:
It's all a case of knowing when to stop tweaking them I guess, otherwise they can at times just look to overcooked!
That is why I went back to basics with those 4 images above which only took me a couple of minutes!...Cheers Barry
(Edit...Note: If an image is predominantly green to start with like a landscape and I decide to blend that with B&W, then you will end up with a green toned image :) I always had a bottle of green toner in my darkroom just in-case my clients wanted that look...strangely they never did! I never learn :LOL: )

LARGER

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW...Lovely images Charles ^^^ Probably a good idea to be selective and hold back a few Leica lenses.

Last edited:

nsng

Kilt Rock, Isle of Skye. A7R w/Leica 19mm R.

I am still in the Isle of Skye. But it has been very cold. Yesterday, it was about 8C, but the with strong cold wind from the north, it felt like 0 C or below.

Status
Not open for further replies.