The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Taken yesterday at the Royal Cornwall show...Both with the FE 35mm F1.4
This child kept insisting to his parents that he wanted to ride the “Wall of Death”
+
Saw these 2 guys and a pushchair heading towards the sign – Probably not strictly PC but my wife thought it was amusing!

4season

I had just gotten my latest toy, a Sony LA-EA3 lens adapter, and was eager to try my A7 with my Sigma 70-300/4-5.6 Apo DG, a consumer-grade lens which retails for about $150. Lucky me: My lunchtime shooting session proved to be one of the most productive I've had in a long time: I'm generally out there 5x times a week with my camera but more often than not the light is clear, hard, and directly overhead and at best I'll halfheartedly take a couple of snapshots before retreating to a shady spot with a good book. But not this particular afternoon!

Barry Haines

Taken a few days ago in Porthleven at the southern end of Cornwall
Tonemapped slightly to help tame the contrast in the highlights and shadows.

W.Utsch

" Life !
Sure - You Can Always Get What You Want"

Frankfurt, Central Station

DSC03619.jpg by Werner Utsch, on Flickr​

The titel is the writing on the tabloid in the center. It reads in German:
'Doch - das Leben ist ein Wunschkonzert' i tried to translate...

Barry Haines

Michiel...Lovely clouds and reflection ^^^
Werner...Love the Light in the station^^^

A beautiful summer’s day here today, so I decided to take a couple of hours drive over to Dartmouth in Devon
Spotted this guy repairing the antenna at the top of a sailboats mast just above the tree line

LARGER

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thank you Bill,
That's a nice area to have grown up as a child with beautiful countryside just minutes away from Okehampton :)
The Meldon quarry rail way station is still there
Meldon Quarry railway station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
...but no longer do the trains go over the viaduct...presumably it's not structurally safe for the weight of an engine with it's carriages...The track has been pulled up and now just pedestrians and cycles to and fro across it...Cheers Barry

Lots of dilapidated rail carriages in the Meldon quarry railway yard, this was just a few feet from the viaduct.

LARGER
Well, I did manage to find a Meldon Viaduct shot from around 1959 or 1960. You can see the curve clearly. The engine is one of the Battle of Britain class - they didn't permit the heavier Merchant Navy class on the viaduct so they never went beyond Okehampton.

Barry Haines

Well, I did manage to find a Meldon Viaduct shot from around 1959 or 1960. You can see the curve clearly. The engine is one of the Battle of Britain class - they didn't permit the heavier Merchant Navy class on the viaduct so they never went beyond Okehampton.

You managed to find it then :thumbup: You must be well organized Bill with your negatives :)
I still have negatives from the 60's but goodness knows where they all are.
As you say you can see the curve...I never climbed up on that side of the embankment...Did you see the video (youtube link) I sent you in a PM (Jumping off of the viaduct), I thought that might be of interest as you had also climbed around underneath in your teens...It's late here so will chat with you tomorrow Bill...Cheers Barry

4season

A trio of snapshots taken while on my way into the office this morning:

Barry Haines

Taken a few hours ago on one of the nearby beaches...It maybe sunny here but the water was freezing

LARGER

Barry Haines

Lovely soft light Bill ^^^

Another shot of this Clock Lighthouse in the lake (without the rowing boat)...But this time I used a B+W 110 3.0 (10 stop ND filter) on the Leica WATE to blur the water, this one was split toned in Nik SE2.

LARGER

Status
Not open for further replies.