The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamSS

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

a7ii + Minolta AF 24mm RS @ f5.6, iso-200, 1/125
Shot blindly through the windshield.

Shac

A7 with 100mm Apo Macro (memory going - hope I didn't post before:loco:)

Michiel Schierbeek

k-hawinkler; Thank you :)

Vivek; keep 'm coming from India. The women with sunglasses and bare hands is terrific!

Saint- Valerie

Thomas Fallon

Re: Fun with sony A7RII images

Quentin

What conclusions can you draw so far about the camera? Just going by the megapixel count, we should not see much improvement in resolution. Your images seem to show a big resolution gain. How about in dynamic range compared to the A7r?

Quentin_Bargate

Quentin

What conclusions can you draw so far about the camera? Just going by the megapixel count, we should not see much improvement in resolution. Your images seem to show a big resolution gain. How about in dynamic range compared to the A7r?
While I hate the phrase, I think its a game changer. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the handling of any of the A series cameras (designed by technicians, not photographers. in my view), but this is the best so far.

My subjective view is the sensor has very low nose and very good dynamic range, better than any other I have used. I'm not a camera tester, so I judge this from my own limited use, but I'm getting the most unforced, natural, malleable images from this camera in have ever seen from any camera. It a lot nicer to use that than A7r - vastly better shutter for starters, and the image quality is a bigger leap forward than the the increased pixel count might suggest. What this means is one can interpolate up to even bigger sizes with very little image quality loss.

Who needs medium format with cameras like this?

Quentin_Bargate

A hand held ISO 2500 church interior?

Its a bit silly, but noise is low, dynamic range high, with some luminance NR.

Barry Haines

Handheld - I was in pretty close on these hollyhocks which were blowing around in the wind but the A7R AF with the fast focusing of the 35mm F1.4 FE Distagon managed to keep up :)
Still playing around with the latest version of “Web Sharpener” which IMO does an excellent job of pulling out the detail...Please click on “ENLARGEMENT” below....Cheers Barry

Quentin_Bargate

I should add that I'm the sort of photographer that treats raw shots as the starting point, a digital negative to be manipulated and amended to taste in post production. Therefore the neutral, relatively low contrast and low saturation (out of ACR) files suit my workflow perfectly.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Today we had one of the most extraordinary storms I have ever experienced. I was out on my boat photographing our local yacht club regatta when the sky went black and this enormous gust-front formed, accompanied by severe thunder and lightning and torrential rain.
The second shot was taken as I ran for the harbour as fast as possible - a7II got quite wet but was not harmed.
FE70-200@70 mm.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Bill,

Very cool shelf cloud capture! And glad you made it back to the harbor safely!!!

craygc

Sony A7II + Leica 28mm v3 (50th Singapore National Day this Sunday)

V

Vivek

One of the restaurants in a mall in Mumbai.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7s, Yashinon 40/1.7, Mumbai, India

Status
Not open for further replies.