The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

cunim

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

With apologies in advance for posting such cheesily predictable holiday snaps... From the Croatian coast, shore shots are Dubrovnik.

Tim, some of your shots have the ability to transit the input filter and sneak into memory. Thanks. On a more curious note, I seem to remember a great many locations. Just how many holidays do you take?

akclimber

A few handheld, walk around test images from the A7R2. Landscape was made with a Sony 28 f/2. The anchor and porthole images were made with a Sony 55 f/1.8. The porthole image was intentionally given a glow/dreamy look.

Cheers!

_DSC0619 web by Joe, on Flickr

_DSC0074 web by Joe, on Flickr

_DSC0118 web by Joe, on Flickr

pegelli

A micro brewery in Rotterdam Delfshaven

A7Rii + Nokton 35/1.2 II @ iso 10.000

jlm

Workshop Member

couldn't resist; making whiskey in Brooklyn (monochrome...sorry)

Michiel Schierbeek

A platform on top of "De Oude kerk "in Amsterdam. The platform is an artwork made by Taturo Atzu. Terrific for photographers.

ohnri

A micro brewery in Rotterdam Delfshaven

A7Rii + Nokton 35/1.2 II @ iso 10.000
ISO 10,000 ??

Holy Dark Beer Batman !!

What kind of cameras do we have now? Look at those colors!

Remember Tri-X? We would push it to 800 or a bit more and be happy with the grainy B&W.

Actually, I like that look but you know what I mean.

Thanks for posting.

-Bill

pegelli

ISO 10,000 ??

Holy Dark Beer Batman !!

What kind of cameras do we have now? Look at those colors!

Remember Tri-X? We would push it to 800 or a bit more and be happy with the grainy B&W.

Actually, I like that look but you know what I mean.

Thanks for posting.

-Bill
Exactly my thoughts Bill, it's nothing short of amazing, but so is the price of that body for a simple amateur tog. I was allowed to use one for a couple of hours, but had to give it back to it's rightful owner :cry: (and a good friend, otherwise I might have run off with it ;))

Other than the colours and noise look at the DR at iso 10.000, when I first opened the picture in Lightroom almost the whole window was pure white, but there was a lot of information there which could be salvaged without any special HDR techniques. Just pulling the highlights slider in LR to -90 did the trick.

ohnri

Exactly my thoughts Bill, it's nothing short of amazing, but so is the price of that body for a simple amateur tog. I was allowed to use one for a couple of hours, but had to give it back to it's rightful owner :cry: (and a good friend, otherwise I might have run off with it ;))

Other than the colours and noise look at the DR at iso 10.000, when I first opened the picture in Lightroom almost the whole window was pure white, but there was a lot of information there which could be salvaged without any special HDR techniques. Just pulling the highlights slider in LR to -90 did the trick.
That is crazy.

I believe Sony was going for exactly that kind of balance with this camera.

The price is no joke. I financed mine by selling all my Nikon gear, which a casual amateur would not have had to begin with.

-Bill

Barry Haines

Tone mapped just to give a more painterly feeling to the quaint old fishing harbour boats of Padstow
Then I had some fun playing around a bit further with Photoshop filters :D

furtle

A couple of late summer flowers and trying out an old skool Russian 1955 Jupiter 9 lens at f2 on my A7s. I had to mill down the m39-m adapter a bit to get a get a good fit. Different to a Batis, eh? But I kind of like it.

Last edited:

eleanorbrown

Just received my Batis 25mm lens for my A7Rii. Like what I'm seeing and really nice micro detail . Shot this yesterday wandering around a lovely open area of Colorado call "South Park". Handholding and shooting rather quickly but got some nice sharp well exposed shots.... f.8 , iso 64. I'm aware that most folks are using higher iso speeds but I mostly shoot from iso 50- 100 as I don't like to see even one spec of anything that looks like noise when I pull the shadows open. I'm sure I'll experiment with higher iso's later but for the most part I still like the creamy smooth files I get at low iso's. Still hoping Sony will give us a firmware update for lossless RAW however.....Eleanor

[/URL][/IMG]

Slingers

Today is a bright sunny day so I thought i would go test the colour impact of using a polarizer and a magenta filter at 5500K. So i headed over to a local school where i could get a lot of green with blue sky. There is no problems and it removes the washed out look.

Status
Not open for further replies.