The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

There was a bike show/contest in the city. All I had was my UV cam (Sony A7 based) and a monochrome cam (NEX-5N debayered).

These are Ultraviolet captures!

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

another

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Hacked Sony A7, Ultraviolet capture, Baader U 2" bandpass filter, ISO3200, 1/500s, The Hague

scho

Peeling mural on an old southside neighborhood market. A7RII+Contax G 35/2 Planar.

Last edited:

scho

The planet Uranus station on a walking tour of the solar system at 1/5,000,000,000 scale. A7RII+Contax G 35mm f/2 Planar

Deliberate1

Carl,
I too have a set of Contax G2 lenses from an old film kit which have languished for several years in the closet since acquiring an M9. They may yet be put back in service if an A7rii makes its way into my life. May I ask what adapter you used. I understand the the adapters do not facilitate auto-focus on non-native lenses (except perhaps for some Canon). How did you find the manual focusing with the various focusing assists? And did you find that the metering communication was accurate between lens and camera? And any softness on the edges with the 35mm - a phenomenon that the Kolari conversion is designed to address.
Obliged,
David

scho

Carl,
I too have a set of Contax G2 lenses from an old film kit which have languished for several years in the closet since acquiring an M9. They may yet be put back in service if an A7rii makes its way into my life. May I ask what adapter you used. I understand the the adapters do not facilitate auto-focus on non-native lenses (except perhaps for some Canon). How did you find the manual focusing with the various focusing assists? And did you find that the metering communication was accurate between lens and camera? And any softness on the edges with the 35mm - a phenomenon that the Kolari conversion is designed to address.
Obliged,
David
David,

I am using the 35, 45, and 90 mm Contax G lenses with the A7R and A7RII via the TechArt III Contax G to Sony E AF adapter. I also have 21 and 28mm Contax G lenses but they do not perform well on mirrorless cameras (edge smearing and soft corners). The auto focus performance is getting better and now employs Phase Detect AF with the A7RII. Manual focus is very good with the TechArt adapter also. Image quality with the two planars and the sonnar is excellent across the frame with no smearing or corner softness. The wide angle biogons do not do as well at the edges. See also Chad's blog article on the TechArt adapter and the Contax G lenses I also have a set of Contax G lenses that were converted to M mount that I used with a Leica M9.

Barry Haines

Taken this evening, a return visit with the A7RII to this ancient Iron Age Hillfort of “Castle-an-Dinas”...This time you can see clearer the burial mounds in the enlargement.
It dates from around the 3rd to 2nd century BCE and consists of three ditch and rampart concentric rings, 850 feet (260 m) above sea level (Tone mapped)

V

Vivek

In addition to the colors, it is the top left cloud that seems to make the image. Very nice. :)

scho

Trying some old Mamiya 645 lenses on the A7R-FS. This is from an 8 shot stitch using the Mamiya 55mm f/2.8-N at f/16, no filter, on a flat stitching plate.

eleanorbrown

Just returned from a drive over to southern Utah...Capitol Reef National park area. Took only my A7RII with Zeiss Batis 25mm, Zeiss 35mm 1.4, and Zeiss Otus 55 1.4 with adaptor. Hand held every shot expect in one instance I needed a timed photograph to get into the shot myself. Otherwise the sensor stabilizer worked wonders. Eleanor

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

sjg284

Some more Miami.. after dark

All A7rII & FE35/2.8

- - - Updated - - -

Also a link to some video shot with A7rII & FE35/2.8, if anyone is so inclined to check it out ..

https://vimeo.com/139890946

Beach sunrise time-lapse type stuff, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.